Out in print now at Amazon and The Wild Rose Press—available in eBook on Nov. 2nd—historical romance novel, Kira, Daughter of the Moon! 

A beautiful Scots-Irish healer in the rugged Alleghenies finds herself accused of witchcraft. With the terror of the French and Indian War fresh in her mind, can Kira love a white warrior?
Set among the superstitious Scots in the rugged Alleghenies, the story is an adventurous romance with a blend of Celtic and Native American flavors. Although written to stand alone, Kira, Daughter of the Moon is the long-awaited sequel to my award-winning historical romance novel, Through the Fire.
BlurbLogan McCutcheon returns to colonial Virginia after seven years in the hands of Shawnee Indians. But was he really a captive, as everybody thinks? He looks and fights like a warrior, and seems eager to return to those he calls friends and family. 
Kira McClure has waited for Logan all those years, passing herself off as odd to keep suitors at bay--and anyone else from getting too close. Now that he's back, he seems to be the only person capable of protecting her from the advances of Josiah Campbell and accusations of witchcraft. And to defend the settlers against a well-organized band of murderous thieves.~
Excerpt:
“My secret in exchange for yours.”
Tantalizing.  He was drawing her into his snare, but she couldn’t resist asking, “How do you know I’ve a secret?”
“To begin with, you’re hiding in a tree.  What from, a wild beast?”
“Near enough.  You.”
He smiled.  “Was I to think you a large red bird, or overlook you entirely?”
Drawing her remaining shreds of dignity around her like a mantle, she said, “This isn’t one of my best hiding places.”
“Indeed?  Where are the others?”
“That would be telling.
The strengthening breeze tossed the branches around them as he considered.  “You never could keep secrets from me, Cricket.  I’ll discover them and you.”
An assertion she found both disturbing and oddly heartening.
His lips curved as if the deed were already done.  “Why were you hiding?  Am I so very frightening?”
“Oh––I feared you were some sort of warrior.”
The humor faded from his eyes.  “I am.”
***Royalty free images

11 comments

  1. Judith Keim // October 13, 2012 at 1:08 PM  

    Another wonderful historical book from you. Love it! Did your daughter do the cover? It's wonderful!

  2. Mary Marvella // October 13, 2012 at 1:58 PM  

    I'm hooked, as I knew I would be. I love your historical stories!

  3. Beth Trissel // October 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM  

    Thanks, and no, Elise didn't do the cover. Rae Monet is to be credited with this gorgeous work. Kira, Daughter of the Moon is published by the Wild Rose Press. Elise does my indie covers.

  4. Patrice Wilton // October 13, 2012 at 4:39 PM  

    Very nice, Beth. The cover is lovely and the book sounds terrific. Love your writing.

  5. Beth Trissel // October 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM  

    Thanks Patrice.

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM  

    This is a beautiful cover! I can't wait to read this one, it really sound great.

  7. Pamela Varnado // October 15, 2012 at 10:10 AM  

    Beth, this sounds like a wonderful story. And the cover is breathtaking.

  8. Josie // October 15, 2012 at 1:01 PM  

    Beth,
    That is truly one of the most beautiful covers ever created. Your book, as always, sounds wonderful.

  9. Mona Risk // October 15, 2012 at 3:41 PM  

    I love the blurb and excerpt. You have another winner, Beth.

  10. Autumn Jordon // October 16, 2012 at 10:15 AM  

    Ah, Beth. Another awesome cover that makes you want to snatch up the book. And the story sounds awesome. I'm putting Kira on my wishlist. Congrats!

  11. Beth Trissel // October 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM  

    Thanks so much all.