... costs a lot -- but is worth the price.

My love affair with the horse began as a child, and though I no longer own a horse, I have never recovered.   Each Christmas, I would hurry to the window to see if there was a pony tied to a tree or as I unwrapped each box pray it was a note that a pony was on its way.  I didn’t get my pony until I was thirteen, and from then until I moved from Miami to Houston in 1999, I had a horse (or many of them).




For over thirteen years, I bred, trained, showed and marketed Andalusian horses.  The photos are of my wonderful friends during this happy period in my life. 

The above photo is my Andalusian stallion Alegre at an English Civil War Reenactment in St. Augustine.  The other lovely horse is a half-Arabian by my stallion Bonito.  Alegre was imported from Spain.  I bought him from the man who imported him.  Unfortunately, I have only one digital photo of Bonito though I have boxes of print photos.

Another Reenactment photo with Alegre and Camelot Excaliber.  My horse farm was called Camelot.  Now who is a romantic?!

At a horse show in Saddleseat class.  You want a very animated trot in Saddleseat.


A Renaissance Faire in Ft. Lauderdale.  Again, Alegre.

A rear (on command) from Alegre.

Spanish Walk from Alegre.

And finally my wonderful Bonito in costume for our musical Phantom of the Opera freestyle.

And so ends my walk down memory land today.  I hope you enjoyed the short journey.  I certainly enjoyed every second of this part of my life.

Happy Friday everyone!



9 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // August 3, 2012 at 10:41 AM  

    ooooohhhh, wowwww. Wonderful post. Love the horses.

  2. Mona Risk // August 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM  

    Fantastic pictures! You are amazing. Thank you for sharing.

  3. Josie // August 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM  

    Beautiful pics and interesting post. My daughter loves horses, also.

  4. Patrice Wilton // August 3, 2012 at 1:27 PM  

    Very nice - I used to ride too - Arabians, now my grand daughter is starting lessons.

  5. Mary Marvella // August 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM  

    I have seen some of Linda's horses and they were wonderful. I watched her ride in a ring at once and got chills! Remember our road trip to see a man about a horse?

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // August 3, 2012 at 11:52 PM  

    You extreme love of horses is very evident in your post. The last picture is my favorite. You make a lovely horsewoman!

  7. Mary Ricksen // August 5, 2012 at 5:38 PM  

    I am sooooo jealous!
    Wow! It musta been just wonderful my friend!

  8. Maxine Davis // August 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM  

    Now that sounds like heaven on earth - being around horses. The pictures are great and the horses are beautiful.

  9. Nightingale // August 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM  

    Hi everyone! Thanks so much. I loved my horses and miss them so much, but I haven't ridden in 10 years. I always thought I'd be riding with the Middleburg Hounds at 80. Not going to happen!