My friend, Patrice Wilton, blogged about Writer's Block yesterday. Although I usually don't encounter that predicament while writing books, I've certainly been struck with this bug when dealing with blogs. I have been looking for something interesting to share with you for the last four hours! I've even looked into the huge book--bigger than a big dictionary--that I gave my Dad for Christmas some twenty-years ago. The book is 1350 page thick. My Dad loved it and read it all. My mother gave it back to me after Dad's death, and I kept it preciously. I will pass it on to my son who loves reading as much as I do.

 This book is called "Chronicle of the Twentieth Century". There's never been anything like that. It reports the major events of the world history starting on January 1900. Each page is written in the format of a newspaper page, with pictures and small reports. I started looking for something interesting to tell you, and I forgot myself reading and reading about major events for hours.

Did you know that the founder of McDonald's Ray Kroc was a former piano player and salesman of paper cups and milkshake? At the age of 52, Kroc started his first McDonald's in Chicago in 1955. He built a hamburger empire by purveying small beef patties that changed American eating habits. When he died at 81 in 1984, his personal fortune was estimated at more than $500,000 million and the McDonald's chain reported $8 billion at the time of his death.

It's never too late to become famous!

Think of an idea, execute it, work hard on improving it, promote it, and persevere.

Is producing bestselling books more difficult than cooking hamburgers!

Help me promote my latest book with a good review.

NEIGHBORS AND MORE is a romantic suspense, and the first book of the High Rise Series.

High Rises are like large families where members face love, hate, meddling, and gossiping. When the neighbor who was harassing her is found dead in the Jacuzzi, Alexa is a prime suspect. Can she count on her dear neighbors, including the delectable Italian, Dante, for help? With too many skeletons in their own closets, would they save her or incriminate her?

11 comments

  1. Patrice Wilton // August 21, 2012 at 10:14 AM  

    Mona,
    It sounds like you had an enjoyable morning reading and remembering the pleasure it gave your father - not productive! but very nice, just the same. lol.
    Your book sounds interesting - I'll get over there and give it a review.

  2. Mona Risk // August 21, 2012 at 12:13 PM  

    Thanks Patrice, I can really use a review. Reading Dad's book was so much fun. I was surprised as how some major event happened the same day in different parts of the world. The book must be at least fifteen pounds heavy.

  3. Mary Marvella // August 21, 2012 at 6:30 PM  

    The book you gave your father sounds like it has great life lessons. Actually, your story sounds like it does, too. Go, Mona!

  4. Barbara Monajem // August 21, 2012 at 7:41 PM  

    I usually have blog block, too. Right now I'm reading a huge book about fairies of all kinds. It's full of interesting material. :)

  5. Mary Ricksen // August 21, 2012 at 7:47 PM  

    To me you are already famous!!!

  6. Mona Risk // August 21, 2012 at 8:30 PM  

    Hi Mary, it's the world news day by day. Amazing.

  7. Mona Risk // August 21, 2012 at 8:31 PM  

    Hi Barbara, so you'll find interesting stories to share from your fairies book.

  8. Mona Risk // August 21, 2012 at 8:31 PM  

    Oh Mary, you are so sweet.

  9. Autumn Jordon // August 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM  

    i love reading tidbits like this. I heard Col, Sanders was about the same age when he started KFC. It's only too late if there are prayers being said over you.

    Great post and congrats on the new release.

  10. Mona Risk // August 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM  

    Hi Autumn, it just proves that dreams come true eventually.

  11. Josie // August 24, 2012 at 8:24 PM  

    Mona,
    What an interesting blog. I love learning something new, and your McDonald's story fit the bill perfectly. I guess we're never too old to become famous. :)