Yes today is Thanksgiving day. The day we are all supposed to eat turkey, cranberries and the usual green bean casserole, yams, creamed onions. Wait, unless you are married to a turkey hater. Yes, you heard me right, a darn turkey hater. Not it ain't that he likes to keep the poor buggers alive or anything. He is not on a save the turkey kick or more beef...save a turkey eat more chicken??
         
Is it ham that turns him on. Nope he don't really like ham. Forget the ham.

So what is it that turns him off turkey? It's cheap. Not that he cares that it's cheap now. It's always been cheaper to buy a turkey then a rib roast eh?
When I had my first apartment I would buy a turkey almost every week. I could buy a turkey for four dollars, a bag of rice, potatoes, and lettuce. I was on a roll. Turkey soup, turkey croquet's, turkey sandwich, turkey dinner, turkey, turkey, TURKEY!!!!
It was hard paying high rent, utilities, and buying food and be able to be picky. So we ate a lot of tukey.
As far as Chris is concerned, let the turkeys go!
 You know what he wants for Thanksgiving??????
 Lamb!

Me I look at it like this. As long as it ain't Bambi, I'm okay. And whatever you do don't take me to no turkey or chicken farm. I prefer mine from the grocery story. Yes! ON SALE! Turkey forever!!!



9 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // November 24, 2011 at 9:29 AM  

    Funny! Mama always had ham and turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I like to buy turkey breasts after the holiday passes, if they are on sale.

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

  2. Barbara Monajem // November 24, 2011 at 11:58 AM  

    LOL. I love lamb, so I'm with your dh. I like almost every kind of meat, though. And every kind of veggie. And fruit. And... face it, I really love food, and am so thankful to have it.

  3. Pamela Varnado // November 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM  

    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

    I'm tired of eating the same thing for the holidays. While I made a roast and turkey this time, my main meat is always turkey or ham, so maybe I'll give lamb a try for Christmas. I love it, thanks to gyros. But I'll let you know how my family handles my lamb decision after the holiday season, Mary R.

  4. Mona Risk // November 24, 2011 at 1:08 PM  

    Happy Thanksgiving Mary, to you and all our PFS. I'm in co-oooo-ld
    Chicago, questioning my sanity for laeving 80degrees FL. But the kids are here. My son and DIL have prepare a gorgeous table I'll blog about tomorrow. I'm proud of them. I'm not a fan of turkey, but I'll eat it because my son is cooking it with so much love. I went to church this morning to pray for my family and friends, and thank God for our blessings. I guess that's what Thanksgiving is about.

  5. Judith Keim // November 24, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

    So funny...Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving with your lamb!! Add lots of trimmings and enjoy!!

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 25, 2011 at 2:20 AM  

    We had turkey and ham. My daughter did all the cooking. She was so tired when it was over, but she did a great job. Glad I didn't have to stand all day cooking. We had a nice dinner with just our small family. I have to admit that my dh isn't keen on turkey either, he prefers ham or rib roast. We usually have standing rib roast for dinner on Christmas day.

  7. Mary Ricksen // November 25, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

    Hi everyone, just got home. Hope you all had a great day yesterday. And that you can button your pants today!
    I personally like turkey on Thanksgiving, Lamb on Christmas, Ham at Easter and rib roast on New Years.
    Now that's a lotta cooking!

  8. Josie // November 25, 2011 at 9:26 PM  

    Happy Belated Thanksgiving, everyone! I like turkey and we always have it for Thanksgiving. Come to think of it, I like everything.

  9. Beth Trissel // November 26, 2011 at 8:17 AM  

    Enjoyed this Mary. I am feeling like Winnie the Pooh stuck in rabbit's doorway after too much Thanksgiving.