At the McQueen household, Thanksgivings alway start out great. We have good intentions, each of us promising ourselves that this year we'll make an effort to be good and decent people.




We'll ignore the brother-in-law that brags non-stop and even congratulate him on single-handedly saving a fortune 500 hundred company from imminent collapse. Yes, we know it's unfair he didn't get any type of compensation, or that the CEO doesn't even know he exists, but good job nonetheless!


We promise to ignore that Uncle Frank, is taking way t0o long in the bathroom. It is a lot of work after all to work his way past women's underwear and possibly modeling in front of the mirror as we speak. (Ewww)


When the one sister complains she couldn't possibly eat another bite after her third plate, and insist the aerobics classes have helped maintain her figure, we won't point out that she's bigger than last year.


Yes, so everything other Thanksgiving has ended with at least one argument when someone takes offense at another's remark. Yes I may have accidentally kissed your boyfriend in sixth grade, and so what if I told mom you're the one that burned the countertop.


Pass the damn gravy!




Hildie McQueen's Debut Novel Desperate Betrayal is available on Amazon.com now!


Get to know me better at my blog: http://www.hildiemqueen.com/


"Because sometimes betrayal is the only way to save the ones you love"

11 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // November 23, 2011 at 10:55 AM  

    Gee, girlfriend, I felt like you were with family! Have a happy one!

  2. Pamela Varnado // November 23, 2011 at 2:02 PM  

    Hildie, your post is hilarious. I'm excited this year about Thanksgiving. My husband was sick the past two years so we didn't participate in many family activities. But this year my son and his wife Vicky are joining us for dinner. We have so much to be grateful for, and I'm planning to eat until I'm miserable!!

  3. Hildie McQueen // November 23, 2011 at 2:19 PM  

    I'm glad Pamela! We all deserve a good day of Thankfulness. Enjoy!

  4. Beth Trissel // November 23, 2011 at 3:05 PM  

    This is hilarious, Hildie.

  5. Barbara Monajem // November 23, 2011 at 6:25 PM  

    LOL. We're going to spend Thanksgiving with friends. There will be not one crabby word, just lots of food and fellowship.

  6. Judith Keim // November 23, 2011 at 6:45 PM  

    Hildie, your post was hysterical. I'm sure more often than not family get-togethers at this time of year have a bit of tension! I'm with one of our son's and nieces and nephews and am having a blast! But wait! It's not Thanksgiving yet...LOL

  7. Mary Marvella // November 23, 2011 at 7:43 PM  

    I'm eating with a friend, too. She said the trouble makers wouldn't be there. We'll see. I can fix that. GRIN!

  8. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 23, 2011 at 9:05 PM  

    Hildie, you account sounds strangely like my memories of childhood Thanksgivings and all the fussing between all the great-aunts. LOL, I didn't realize others families were like mine was.

  9. Mona Risk // November 24, 2011 at 1:01 PM  

    Such a cute post. Have a great one.

  10. Mary Ricksen // November 25, 2011 at 5:16 PM  

    What a great post Hildie. You are a riot!!!
    My family sounds just like that!

  11. Josie // November 25, 2011 at 9:28 PM  

    Hysterical, Hildie. Doesn't every household have family members like the ones you mentioned?