Since my love scenes are caliente, I decided to dabble in erotica and wrote Hot Spanish Nights targeting the Destination Pleasure line of The Wilder Roses at The Wild Rose Press. I was very pleased that the editor liked the story (and fortunate since she is also a devotee of horses). She asked for rewrites, using the buzz words. At first, I found using the buzz words difficult, but then I got into it and now, when editing one of my fallen angel manuscripts yesterday, I struggled for a word that a buzz word would have fit perfectly! The story grew beyond the word length for Destination Pleasure and will be released as a miniature (novella).

For many happy years, I bred, trained and showed Andalusian horses. They are the most intelligent, beautiful and loving creatures in the world. My stallion was twice National Champion at Halter and many times champion under saddle. I could sing the praises of the Iberian horse for pages, and this story gave me an outlet to present them to a new audience. In Black Swan, my vampire story from The Wild Rose press, I used my car in a love scene. In Hot Spanish Nights, I used my own stallion Bonito as one of the heroes (the four-legged one). The socialite and the bullfighter--when a competitive man and a competitive woman meet, sparks fly.


To view the trailer and read an excerpt, please visit my blog at: http://biancaswanblog.wordpress.com/

Blurb:
Southern vixen Erica DeLongpre journeys to Spain to find the horse of her dreams, never expecting to find a man capable of stirring her sexual awareness. Damián Xeres, a renowned bullfighter is deliciously skilled on a horse--and in bed. But a woman from Damian's past rattles Erica's confidence and threatens the very essence of her trip. With Lucia waiting for the slightest chink in her armor, Erica can't help wonder what lies ahead in those Hot Spanish Nights.

Please return to The Pink Fuzzy Slippers on October 29 for my Release Day Party. There’ll be fun, virtual chocolate strawberries, baked brie, champagne and lots of prizes—all served with a little eye candy!!


PS. I have the talented Angela Anderson to thank for my stunning cover. Let’s hear it for Angela.
Halloween weekend: http:www.thewildrosepress.com

11 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // October 1, 2010 at 9:00 AM  

    Linda, you shine in so many multi-talented ways, and now you've encompassed a new genre. The cover alone is hot enough to jump start any sluggish battery--searching for how to get the word motor in there--and the story itself will really rev up an engine. How's that? Or, we could use the more apt horse analogy. I'm having fun with this. Anyone else?
    A big congrats on your new release!

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 1, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

    OMG! Caliente! He is in the typical bull fighters stance! How perfect is that! All he needs is a cape! Gorgeous cover Linda. Congrats on another Great read. I loved this story. You are indeed a multi-talented lady. Did you mention there's a love scene on the horse?

  3. Mary Marvella // October 1, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

    OMIGOD, TOTALLY HOT! Go, Linda.

  4. Nightingale // October 1, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

    Love your car analogy, Beth. Let's see, a horse analogy, might be made the pulse race like a runaway horse.

    Thanks, Scarlet and Mary, for checking the initial heat index for me. Bianca/I had a lot of fun writing Hot Spanish Nights.

  5. Toni V.S. // October 1, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

    Noches Espanolas Calientes. Las historia es asi que caleinte la chamuscha paginacion. Ole, Bianca!

  6. Nightingale // October 1, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

    Wow, Toni, I'll have to run out to Babel Fish and translate your comment. Thanks for stopping by!

  7. Judith Keim // October 2, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

    Linda, great blog! I love how you use the things you love in your novels. Great job! And the cover is hot in any language!

  8. Nightingale // October 2, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

    Judy, thank for stopping by. My favorite things do star in my manuscripts. I love piano and in the book of my heart, Sinners Opera, the hero is a pianist.

  9. Mary Ricksen // October 3, 2010 at 5:30 PM  

    Linda, I told you!!!!!!!

    How's it feel? It's in your blood!

  10. Mary Ricksen // October 3, 2010 at 5:30 PM  

    Linda, I told you!!!!!!!

    How's it feel? It's in your blood!

  11. Josie // October 4, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

    Linda,
    You are so talented! This cover is definitely hot! Best wishes for your continued success.