The end of the RWA conference is drawing near. From all the reports coming to us who stayed at home, it was a fabulous event. You didn’t have to be in Orlando to feel the energy. It sizzled across the net.

Kudos to the RWA staff for pulling this super conference off after the tragic flooding in Nashville. You are amazing and thousands of RWA members are truly indebted to you for your dedication.

Tonight we will know the names of the published and unpublished RWA members who’ve been chosen as the best of the best by their judges. I can’t wait to see if a few of my friends will reap the title winner, but even if they don’t they can be assured they are indeed winners. They’ve achieved a level many only dream about.

And speaking of dreams, I’m sure many have come true on the magical grounds of Disney. Over the next few weeks we will hear squeals all over the loops, spawn by the success stories. Congratulations to all who threw off their introvert capes and shined and brought home the requests.

If you have a story and want to share, the Pink Fuzzy Slippers will squeal with you.

Now in the wake of the RWA energy, I’m going to work on my next wip. And, I
promise to stash away $3.00 a day so that I can go to New York next June.

7 comments

  1. Judith Keim // July 31, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

    Yes! I've started saving, too! Congrats to everyone who had success...and really, all of you who attended did, just by being there and appreciating RWA for what it is!!

  2. Nightingale // July 31, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

    I'm sure we'll hear from some our own Fuzzies who went to Orlando. I stayed home, too, Autumn, but will start saving for next year. I hope it was a very successful trip for our attendees.

  3. Mary Marvella // July 31, 2010 at 2:45 PM  

    HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

    In a while I'll put up a quick announcement for the winner of the goodies I put out in the Goody Room.

    Having a fabulous time. Wish you were here!

  4. Mary Ricksen // July 31, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

    I'm glad everyone had a great time. Hope to hear several stories and see pictures over the next few days!!
    Mary comments while swallowing her terrible jealousy!
    Glad that everyone is safely home!!!

  5. Beth Trissel // August 1, 2010 at 12:17 AM  

    3.00 a day you say? Hmmmmm....that seems possible.

  6. Pamela Varnado // August 2, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

    I'm glad everyone who attended had a fantastic time at National. This was the first conference I've missed since joining RWA, but I was cheering you all on from the sidelines. Hope you had success with your editor/agent appointments, and I'd love to read about all the fun you had.

  7. Josie // August 5, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

    Hurray and congrats for all RWA attendees. So many writers will have inspirational stories to tell over the next few weeks. Wish I could have attended Nationals, but hopefully I will see everyone in NY next year.