Quantcast

Photographs of the primary inspiration behind my work.  The colonial garden pic is from Williamsburg which also inspires me, as does my own garden included in several pics taken by my gardening assistant, artistic daughter Elise. The majority of these shots were taken by my mom.  The lovely old home (circa 1816) is the family homeplace in Augusta County, Virginia.  I don’t live there but visited much over the years particularly as a child.  The rustic mountain home photographed in fall and summer was shot by my hubby and speaks for itself. :)


8 comments

  1. Mary Ricksen // July 30, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

    I love the Smokies and any place near them. They are so beautiful and they are such beautiful pictures. I love it! Someday I hope to move near Asheville, Bryson City where they filmed the Fugitive with Harrison Ford. Thanks for the refreshing view of the fantastic area!

  2. Barbara Monajem // July 30, 2010 at 3:25 PM  

    Gorgeous, Beth. Also very peaceful and soothing to look at amidst the chaos of RWA National. Thanks.

  3. Beth Trissel // July 30, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

    Mary, we are going to Asheville this weekend! It is beautiful, I agree. As are the Smokies. I love the mountains and the valley. :) And thanks Barbara. I envy you being there though not all the chaos. :)

  4. Scarlet Pumpernickel // July 30, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

    Beth, you have the most amazing pictures. You are truly bless with some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.

  5. Beth Trissel // July 31, 2010 at 12:01 AM  

    Thanks so much Scarlet. Yes, I am, and some great photographers in the family.

  6. Judith Keim // July 31, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

    It is such a beautiful area and your hubby certainly knows how to capture its beauty! And to think, this is just a part of the U.S. I'm always amazed how beautiful it is! Thanks for sharing!

  7. Mary Marvella // August 2, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

    Beth, I'm back from National and am back to regular emails and blog visits. Wonderful blog and photos, as usual!

  8. Josie // August 5, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

    Beth,
    The pictures you shared were so gorgeous they almost look like paintings. Your dh and daughter are both great photographers.