Which plant can you depend on to flourish in your garden year after year?

4 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // August 27, 2007 at 10:06 PM  

    Good question. Heirloom plants that have stood the test of time and wild flowers are the most constant. Old fashioned peonies bloom forever, as do the antiquated daffodils. Day lilies are hard to kill and many hardy perrenials. Flowers that reseed themselves like forget me nots and larkspur reappear reliably. Generally, the flowers that do well have a tendency to take over, but, oh well. They are still here.
    Beth

  2. Sherry Morris // August 28, 2007 at 9:09 AM  

    I love butterfly bush, hyacinths, black eyed Susan's and sunflowers with morning glories twirled up their stalks. These plants always have a place in my garden.

  3. Anonymous // August 30, 2007 at 8:42 PM  

    I find weeds are extremely successful in my garden and tend to come back stronger each and every year - increasing in number and variety.

  4. Helen Scott Taylor // September 1, 2007 at 11:23 AM  

    I'm not really a gardener. But there is one thing that always grows well in my garden--grass!

    Helen