A Stroll Down Memory Lane

Posted by Nightingale | 5:29 PM | 10 comments »

This lovely photo is my ex-husband Philip and c’est moi at a New Year’s Eve Costume Ball in Pendleton, South Carolina, at a British restaruant (which no longer exists) called The Pendleton House. That’s champagne in my glass, yep, yep. And I look like that’s not my first glass. I’m wearing my Arabian Native Costume in which I showed my Arabian gelding to The Nationals one year. No one mentioned that I might smell like horses! I’m not quite sure what Sir is dressed as—perhaps a 15th Century lord or king or something. But I am certain that no shiek of a nomadic tribe would be caught dead in my costume!


Needless to say, this photograph was taken YEARS ago. I ran across it in a folder of photos whilst searching for inspriation to do a quick Friday blog for PFS.

My passion then was horses, and now it is writing, but I still love horses and think that someday I’ll resume my riding. Now for a shameless plug for The Night Before Doomsday, my novella about the angels who lost heaven for lust—or was it love? This novella is told in first person from Azazel’s point of view. Azazel was a leader of the Grigori. The Night Before Doomsday isn’t a religious story or one about evil. It’s my attempt to retell a pre-recorded time legend.

Visit my blog for prizes, including a t-shirt, autographed cover flats, fridge magnets, etc. Leave a comment between today and the 16th!  And enjoy the sumptuous cover! http://lindanightingale.wordpress.com/

Happy Friday!

Linda

10 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // April 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM  

    Linda, a very charming Arabian lady you made! I wish the picture was larger, I'd likw to sww the costume.I really enjoyed your short story. It was very interesting reading.

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // April 13, 2012 at 5:49 PM  

    Shesh! Can't type on this new puter. that See and like!

  3. Mary Ricksen // April 13, 2012 at 6:50 PM  

    I wish I could make it bigger, it's too small to see well! But they do look like happy times for you!

  4. Autumn Jordon // April 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM  

    So cool that you rode in costume. I was totally western. Yup, I had spurs too.

    I so miss my horses. SIGH.

    Thanks for bringing back the memories.

  5. Mary Marvella // April 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM  

    We need a day of horse stories!

  6. Nightingale // April 14, 2012 at 9:34 AM  

    Autumn, shall we share our horse stories from our riding days?

  7. Judith Keim // April 14, 2012 at 9:44 AM  

    Fun picture, Linda! You look very Arabian! LOL I can see you on one of your very beautiful horses!!

  8. Patrice Wilton // April 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM  

    Linda,
    How interesting. I used to have Arabians too, and showed them in Canada. Also had an arabian costume for one of the classes.
    You look very beautiful, my dear.

  9. Beth Trissel // April 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM  

    I love this pic.

  10. Josie // April 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM  

    Love the picture! I agree-you do look very Arabian in this picture.