Hello, everyone!


It’s been a crazy good time around my house the past few weeks. First, my daughter and son-in-law returned safe from a military deployment. Woo-hoo!! Then, this week, I learned that I’m a finalist in Wisconsin’s Fabulous Five contest. After taking time off from pursuing a writing career to care for my husband who was ill, this was the first contest I entered in over two years. I was ecstatic to get the news.
Tomorrow, I’m off to Orlando, Florida. My entire family is going to Disney World. We’re staying at Shades of Green, a plush resort that caters to military families. When I’m not riding roller coasters or screaming inside haunted houses, I plan to enjoy a massage inside the resort’s spa, swim with my two grandsons, and even take time to play a round or two of golf. We haven’t taken a family vacation in years, so I know we’ll have a fabulous time together.


    I’m not planning to slow my writing momentum. Every chance I get, I’ll work on my story. I might not get a lot done, but I’ll at least keep my current work-in-process moving forward and fresh in my thoughts. The romantic suspense story I’m working on now is dear to my heart. It deals with two of my passions: family loyalty and helping the underdog when all hope seems lost. Extreme Fear is book one in a series.

But for now, I’m off to pack my suitcase. We’re expecting sunny weather, which means shorts and T-shirts/tank tops, at least in my case. My husband says his legs are too pale to wear shorts. I disagree, anyhow how can you tan in jeans. I’ll wear him down until he’s in both shorts and sandals.

I'll leave you with a few photos of my family. I hope you enjoy them, and I’ll be thinking of you all as I stroll down Disney’s Main Street. J

Until later,




 
            









13 comments

  1. Judith Keim // April 24, 2012 at 8:15 AM  

    Pam, I'm sooo excited for you on so many levels - your family is safe, you're together with them and about to have a fabulous time together and certainly not least, the final win in the Fab Five! YAAAAY! Enjoy every moment of every part of it! Hugs!

  2. Pamela Varnado // April 24, 2012 at 8:49 AM  

    Thanks, Judy. I've never been to Disney, so I know I'll behave like a child in a candy store. I'll ride and eat everything until I'm sick from fun!!!

  3. Mary Marvella // April 24, 2012 at 11:18 AM  

    Pam, you are gonna have so much fun! Take all needed meds (Mama Mary speaking here.) Rest occasionally, too. We will want details and photos.

    YAY on the contest final!

  4. Pamela Varnado // April 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM  

    Mary, I'll rest when I return, because I plan to enjoy the park from dawn to dusk. We're getting a park hopper pass which means we can go explore more than the main park. I can't wait to experience The Toy Story ride. I've been told it's awesome.

  5. Anonymous // April 24, 2012 at 2:51 PM  

    Pam, I am so pleased to hear you are taking this well deserved vacation. Last January we took a mini-vacation to Hilton Head and the entire family was together. We had a wonderful time. It is wonderful that your daughter and son-in-law are home safe and sound. Enjoy your vacation, you've earned it. Hug the grandboys for me. Remember writing by the pool is still writing. We have 18 days of school remaining and I'm chomping at the bit for freedom.

    Ciao,

    Scarlet

  6. Patrice Wilton // April 24, 2012 at 3:23 PM  

    Pam, First of all I am so happy that your SIL and daughter are home safe-that's the best news of all. And congratulations on the Fabulous Five contest - that's a prestigious contest. Good luck.
    And third - have a wonderful time at Disney and enjoy the kids, the park, the massage, and the golf.

  7. Pamela Varnado // April 24, 2012 at 3:25 PM  

    Scarlet, 18 days and counting. Yahoo!! I've always envied teachers because of summer break. But ya'll deserve it. Working with kids is no easy task. Thank you for all you do.

  8. Pamela Varnado // April 24, 2012 at 3:28 PM  

    Patrice, I'm trying hard to get back into the swing of writing. Two years ago, I sold short stories and a novella. I felt I was close to that NY contract. I'm chasing it again, only this time I don't feel so stressed. Thanks to self and indi publishing, opportunites to make money are better than ever.

  9. Scarlet Pumpernickel // April 24, 2012 at 9:24 PM  

    Just had to come back to say what a perfectly beautiful family you have. Tina is so lovely and her fellar could be on the cover of your next book. The little guys are so cute! Have a ball, I will be thinking of you in the sun while I'm in the classroom with CRCT testing!

  10. Autumn Jordon // April 25, 2012 at 7:33 AM  

    I loved taking my chidren to DW. I wish I could take all my Grandkids there, together. It would be so much fun, but I'd probably need oxygen and need feet by day one's end. LOL

    Have a great time!

  11. Mary Ricksen // April 25, 2012 at 6:45 PM  

    You made me smile! I am so happy things are doing well and have a great time at Disney!
    You are gonna get some great walking exercise!!

  12. Josie // April 25, 2012 at 9:37 PM  

    Thanks for posting the beautiful pictures, Pamela. You're going to Disney? I'm so jealous. :) That's my favorite place on earth--I'm a Disney fan!!

  13. Mona Risk // April 26, 2012 at 12:25 AM  

    Pam, Congratulatios on the Five Fabs win. Have a wonderful vacation.