DragonCon 2011 was a blast!

I am a conservative former language arts teacher and a writer. (I know some of you choked on that one.) I love to join the folks who seem normal most of the time but get their freak on once a year

Some folks had so much fun they pulled up a piece of floor and plopped down.



























Any one recognize Laurell Kay Hamilton, Deborah Smith, Barbara McVey, Nancy Knight, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro? There are some New York Times greats on the panels.










DragonCon is like a 5 day costume and Halloween party. Fans of paranormal, horror, and science fiction books, movies, games, and comic books join a mob and wander through 4 hotels in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.


I spend a lot of time in the Writers Track each year and meet a variety of big name screenplay and book writers. Enjoy the photos! More to come tomorrow!

12 comments

  1. Nightingale // September 16, 2011 at 9:07 AM  

    I used to love DragonCon until it became SO big. I'm glad you had fun. Wish I could have been there! Thanks for sharing the photos

  2. Barbara Monajem // September 16, 2011 at 12:27 PM  

    Did you wear a costume, Mary?

    One of these years I will make it to DragonCon....

  3. Pamela Varnado // September 16, 2011 at 12:48 PM  

    Hopefully, I'll be able to join you at Dragon Con next year. You always have a great time and your pictures put a smile on my face.

  4. Mary Marvella // September 16, 2011 at 2:03 PM  

    More photos to come! I hide in the Writers Track!

  5. Mary Marvella // September 16, 2011 at 2:04 PM  

    I did, one day! Barbara.

  6. Mary Marvella // September 16, 2011 at 2:05 PM  

    Come with me, Pam!

  7. Josie // September 16, 2011 at 3:21 PM  

    I've heard so much about this, MM. Some day, I'd like to attend.

  8. Mary Ricksen // September 16, 2011 at 6:21 PM  

    Sounds like fun! What were you dressed as MM???

  9. Mary Marvella // September 17, 2011 at 12:24 AM  

    Joanne/Josie,the place is organized chaos. You could spend all of your time wandering around gawking. Come hang with all the mythical creatures.

  10. Mary Marvella // September 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM  

    Mary, I'll post a photo when I finish uploading the rest of my images. There is one of me on FB, I'll try to lift it!

  11. Scarlet Pumpernickel // September 17, 2011 at 3:06 PM  

    I almost drove to Atlanta on Labor Day to join the fun! Now I regret that I didn't. It looks like it was one wild party and MM was hob-nobbing with all the big wheels. Most of when are also good friends from GRW. But, never fear, I am now registered for M&M!

  12. Mary Marvella // September 18, 2011 at 4:39 PM  

    Yay! Scarlet. Driving there on Labor Day would have tested your sanity! I took Marta from my daughter's house!

    M&M Soon!