Welcome back, Hildie!
We need to celebrate. Let me grab a mimosa! Would you like one?


My First Book, I’m No Longer a Virgin


This month my first book is being published, I’m so excited I could just pee my pants! Desperate Betrayal, a Paranormal Romance, is finally available!


As I share my story with the world, I am filled with a combination of expectation, terror and excitement. Its every writer’s dream come true to see their words bound into a cover and in the hands of people that will read them. What a blessing this entire ride has been.


Three years ago, I walked into a hotel conference room in Atlanta, not sure what to expect. The room was filled with not just multi-published authors, but some NY Times bestsellers. I was awed and inspired when I left, but at the same time I felt they were all out of my league. What a silly person I was. The writers and members of Georgia Romance Writers drew me into their collective open arms and showed me what writers do, they help, encourage and teach newbie’s, so that in turn one day we can do the same when we see that scared unfamiliar face come in and sit in the back of the room.


Life could not be better than to know how wonderful being a romance writer is. Without further ado, I share with you Desperate Betrayal and when you read it, I hope you enjoy the story so much; you’ll give other new writers a chance.


Desperate Betrayal – is available at Amazon.com

Cynden Frasier (Cyn) is a member of a group of immortal warriors, the Protectors, assigned to protect humans in Atlanta, Georgia, the epicenter of a major uprising in demon activity. When a beautiful woman in a dirty alley approaches Cyn, he is intrigued by the fact that she can see him for what he is, a terrifying demon slayer, and still dares to approach him.


Emma Blake, a half-demon, has to convince Cyn to help rescue her sister from powerful demons. Terrified that the Protector will kill her if he realizes what she is, she still goes against every instinct and approaches Cyn for help. Despite knowing that she is leading them both into territory so wrought with treachery, neither of them may survive.


Can Cyn and Emma overcome betrayal, the ancient rules that prevent Protectors from taking a wife, unless she is his one true mate? And if they do, will it even matter?



hildie@hildiemcqueen.com

19 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // September 28, 2011 at 12:04 AM  

    Good morning, girl! I'm hooked!

  2. Hildie McQueen // September 28, 2011 at 8:00 AM  

    I can't wait to have that mimosa!

  3. Pamela Varnado // September 28, 2011 at 8:13 AM  

    Hilde, I remember my first sale. It's like riding a rollercoaster - scary as hell but exhilarating also. Enjoy your success. It's the first of many. Congratulations.

  4. Ciara // September 28, 2011 at 8:18 AM  

    I can't wait to hold your book in my hands. I'm SO excited for you. This story is amazing and I know everyone will love it as much as I did.

  5. Judith Keim // September 28, 2011 at 9:20 AM  

    Congratulations, Hildie! Yours is such a wonderful story and demonstrates how great writers are - helping and cheering others on. I'm rooting for you!!

  6. Autumn Jordon // September 28, 2011 at 9:41 AM  

    Woohoo! Congrats on your new release. I love your cover and the book sounds like a great read. Enjoy the high ride.

  7. Hildie McQueen // September 28, 2011 at 10:24 AM  

    Pamela, I know it not just a roller coaster, it's also like birthing without all the pains! LOL Thanks for stopping by.

  8. Hildie McQueen // September 28, 2011 at 10:25 AM  

    Ciara, You and me both! I can't wait to share this special moment with you.

  9. Hildie McQueen // September 28, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

    Judy - The encouragement we give each other is priceless!!

  10. Hildie McQueen // September 28, 2011 at 10:27 AM  

    Thank you Autumn, I'm sure enjoying it!!!

  11. Nina Pierce // September 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM  

    Congratulations on your debut release! It's all so exciting (and TRUST me ... it never gets old)!

    I love sexy demons. Sounds right up my alley!

  12. Shelley Munro // September 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM  

    Congratulations on your new release! I love the sound of your book. Enjoy every moment. :)

  13. Sandy Elzie // September 28, 2011 at 6:58 PM  

    First of all, congratulations for doing the work necessary to have your book "out there" to share with everyone.

    I'm another of those who walked into GRw, unpublished and in awe (2006) and found a group willing to encourage & assist.

    I'm thrilled for you...may there be many more.

  14. Scarlet Pumpernickel // September 28, 2011 at 9:35 PM  

    stHildie, welcome to the pink fuzzies. I can't wait to read your book. Congrats on this wonderful milestone. You are so right, GRW rocks!

  15. Beth Trissel // September 28, 2011 at 10:46 PM  

    Hello Hildie! congrats! How very intriguing your release sounds.

  16. Tami Brothers // September 29, 2011 at 5:45 AM  

    Hey Girl! LOVE this blurb. I am so excited for you and can't wait to read the book.

    Tami

  17. Josie // October 1, 2011 at 2:14 PM  

    Hildie,
    Welcome to the Pink Fuzzies, and a thank you nod to MM for inviting you. So excited for you, Hildie, on your first sale. Sincere congrats! And the GRW are a wonderful group.

  18. Anonymous // October 3, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

    Yay!!!!! Super excited for your book, Hildie! Enjoy the journey. It's a crazy fun ride!!!

  19. Avery Olive // October 3, 2011 at 1:28 PM  

    What a great story! Congrats Hildie!