I don't know why I sign up for Friday posts. I always forget my flash drive and have nothing to post! Working gets in the way of my fun, but it is a necessary evil. So! I shall treat you to Wilde wisdom and witticisms. I debated about including the ones about America, but we are a big country and can take a few jokes!

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal.

A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.

Oscar Wilde

8 comments

  1. Linsey Lanier // August 5, 2011 at 4:18 PM  

    Hi Linda. So sorry about your flash drive. And about work. Bummer.

    I enjoyed the quotes. Here's one I found from Hemingway. "All good books have one thing in common - they are truer than if they had really happened."

    Happy Friday, anyway. :)

  2. Pamela Varnado // August 5, 2011 at 4:47 PM  

    Linda, I agree, working sucks. That's why I often have to remind myself of a biblical scripture from Proverbs - Hard work means prosperity; only fools idle away their time.

    Enjoy your Friday!!

  3. Beth Trissel // August 5, 2011 at 8:58 PM  

    All excellent quotes, as ever.

  4. Mary Ricksen // August 5, 2011 at 9:34 PM  

    And here we are Linda!
    Have a great weekend and hope dinner tonite is great!

  5. Scarlet Pumpernickel // August 5, 2011 at 10:53 PM  

    Linda you always find the most interesting quotes. Thanks for sharing.School has started back here and I've been exhausted by the long hours. Thank goodness we only had one day with the students.

  6. Bianca Swan // August 5, 2011 at 11:17 PM  

    Linsey -- Great quote and so true! I like my heroes much more than I like the men I've men so far! ha ha

  7. Mary Marvella // August 6, 2011 at 1:19 AM  

    You ladies hit the nail on the head. We write romances because we can make our heroes way better than real men!

  8. Josie // August 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

    Linda,
    Wow--love these quotes, especially the second one you listed.