I'm very excited to announce that the latest in my 'Somewhere' series is coming out from The Wild Rose Press on November 9th!  Woo hoo.  I spent the bulk of last winter writing this Vintage American ghost story romance. You know, the usual Christmas fare.  :)   


The story opens in 1968 in the Virginia family home place (circa 1816) where my dad was born and raised and I grew up visiting, with flashbacks to  1918 and the time of WW1.  I'm terribly sentimental about both eras.  1968 I remember fairly well, as I was 12, but the WW1 era took quite a bit more research, and thought.  I've seen wonderful old family photos from that time period, and my grandfather fought in WW1.  I've heard tales of his heroism. The story is dedicated to this amazing man whom I never knew.  My recent release Into the Lion's Heart is dedicated to my dear father whom I do know.  


Blurb: Caught with pot in her dorm room, Bailey Randolph is exiled to a relative's ancestral home in Virginia to straighten herself out. Banishment to Maple Hill is dismal, until a ghost appears requesting her help. Bailey is frightened but intrigued. Then her girlhood crush, Eric Burke, arrives and suddenly Maple Hill isn't so bad.

To Eric, wounded in Vietnam, his military career shattered, this homecoming feels no less like exile. But when he finds Bailey at Maple Hill, her fairy-like beauty gives him reason to hope--until she tells him about the ghost haunting the house. Then he wonders if her one experiment with pot has made her crazy.As Bailey and Eric draw closer, he agrees to help her find a long-forgotten Christmas gift the ghost wants. But will the magic of Christmas be enough to make Eric believe--in Bailey and the ghost--before the Christmas bells ring?~


12 comments

  1. Judith Keim // August 27, 2011 at 5:45 PM  

    Hooray, Beth! You're so talented and this sounds like a wonderful Christmas story! So excited for you!

  2. Beth Trissel // August 27, 2011 at 5:51 PM  

    Thanks Judy. I loved writing it.

  3. Scarlet Pumpernickel // August 27, 2011 at 6:54 PM  

    Wow, Beth this sounds like a great read. I can't wait to get it. Both time periods are intriguing. My grandmother's first husband died in WWI and is buried in France. The ghost story sounds like a great twist on this plot. Congratulations on the new book.

  4. Autumn Jordon // August 27, 2011 at 7:17 PM  

    Awesome! Congrats, Beth. It sounds like a great story.

  5. Beth Trissel // August 27, 2011 at 8:42 PM  

    Thanks Scarlet and Autumn. This was a very intriguing story to write. And it's a good romance too.

  6. Mary Marvella // August 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM  

    Go, Beth! Keep 'em coming! I love a good Christmas story.

  7. Barbara Monajem // August 28, 2011 at 5:57 AM  

    Beth, this sounds like a lovely story. My grandfather also served in WWI. I wish I had listened more closely to his stories when I was a child.

  8. Beth Trissel // August 28, 2011 at 8:51 AM  

    Thanks MM and Barbara. My grandfather died when my own father was 3, a tragedy that rippled out to affect the next generation. I grew up feeling very sad about it, and aware of what a remarkable man he was in many ways.

  9. Mary Ricksen // August 28, 2011 at 7:33 PM  

    Congratulations! Love it!

  10. Beth Trissel // August 29, 2011 at 9:11 AM  

    Thanks MR!

  11. Pamela Varnado // August 29, 2011 at 12:58 PM  

    Beth, I love this cover. It's truly one of the best covers I've ever seen. And the story sounds like wonderful. I can't wait to buy my copy. November seems so long away.

  12. Josie // September 1, 2011 at 5:00 PM  

    Excellent blurb, Beth. This looks to be another intriguing read from an excellent writer.