I became interested in angelic lore when I started I, Lucifer, written in first person from Lucifer’s point of view. I did tons of research, even met one everning when I lived in Florida with a Jewish scholar, and read The Book of Enoch, which isn’t included in the modern Bible. I can recommend the latter for interesting reading, and if you do a search, you can usually find it on-line as free reading. Unfortunately, I, Lucifer hasn’t found a home yet, but we are still looking!

The angels mentioned in The Book of Enoch are the Grigori or Watchers. They fell in love with human women and lost heaven for a “friendship of the thighs”. There are numerous novels on the market featuring the Grigori, and I won’t go into their story here, but again, they are a very interesting order of angels. The Grigori are mentioned in the Bible in Genesis, 6.2, “That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.”

In Celestial Sin, my novella from The Wilder Roses, The Wild Rose Press, the hero is Cam-ael, an angel of the Order of the Powers. These mighty angels patrol the border between Heaven and Hell, guarding against demons. I loved Cam-ael as a hero. When he arrives on Earth (having been wounded in the Second War in Heaven—the Fallen are trying to beat the loyal angels), he is very innocent but also very wise. The heroine Essie McBane is a down-to-earth woman who lives on a small farm in North Carolina.

Blurb:

Early on, Essie McBane set her standards high and waited for true love. She never expected the answer to her prayer to literally fall from heaven in the shape of a warrior angel with chestnut curls and a celestial body. As much as she'd love to teach the divine creature a thing or two about sex and lust, can she be responsible for leading him into temptation?

Sinfully handsome Cam-ael, an angel, is wounded in the second war between heaven and hell and plummets into the arms of a beautiful human. But Cam knows he must return eventually, no matter how much he likes the material pleasures of earth. Not to mention the sensual pleasure he's found with Essie. But when his mortal feelings for Essie draw a demon into the midst, can Cam protect her, or will he learn the true meaning of the word sacrifice?


The trailer for Celestial Sin can be seen at my blog: Bianca’s Blog. Also, there is a free erotic read and information about another novella, Hot Spanish Nights. I invite you to drop by anytime! I try to post a famous quote each day unless I have a guest blogger. So come on over! Also, check out my new web site at http://biancaswan.com/.

Have a great weekend everyone!

13 comments

  1. Lilly Gayle // August 12, 2011 at 1:43 PM  

    Sounds like a great read, Bianca. Very sexy. One of my critique partners writes about angels. I'd never read Angel romance or urban fantasy with angels before reading Andris's manuscript, but I'm hooked. Jenna Black has a series with demons and a demon hunter that's fascinating. She's published with TOR. Have you sent I, Lucifer to them? The premise sounds intriguing, and I loved to see it in print. I can just imagine the cover...

  2. Anonymous // August 12, 2011 at 2:08 PM  

    Linda,
    I love you angel stories. I can't wait until I, Lucifer finds a home. It is such a great read!

    Scarlet

  3. Nightingale // August 12, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

    Lilly, thanks! I'll have to check out Jenna Black. Is that your friend? Also, Karen Michelle Nutt writes intriguing angel stories. She's my guest this week on Bianca Swan's blog. I did send I, Lucifer to TOR a long time ago and I don't think I ever heard from them! I might try again as I've just finished a rewrite.

  4. Nightingale // August 12, 2011 at 2:14 PM  

    Scarlet, you are a dear. I keep hoping that I, Lucifer will catch someone's imagination. I'm sending a partial to an agent today.

  5. Lynne Marshall // August 12, 2011 at 3:15 PM  

    Hi Linda/Bianca - what an intriguing premise for your book. How long are TWRP novellas?

    I hope that I, Lucifer finds a home in the near future!

    best wishes,
    Lynne

  6. Lilly Gayle // August 12, 2011 at 3:27 PM  

    Jenna and I are both members of HCRW and she used to be one of my critique partners, but that girl can put out a book faster than I can read one! Andris Bear is my newer critique partner. She writes Angel stories. She's not yet published, but I'm sure it won't be long.

  7. Nightingale // August 12, 2011 at 4:37 PM  

    I wish your new critique partner luck but sounds like she doesn't need it, Lilly. Angel stories are HOT right now. That's one reason I'm anxious to get I, Lucifer out there before they are old hat. :-)

  8. Nightingale // August 12, 2011 at 4:37 PM  

    Lynne, thanks for dropping by. Both of my novellas are a hundred pages give or take a few. The other one is about a bullfighter and master horseman. It's called Hot Spanish Nights.

  9. Karen Michelle Nutt // August 12, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

    Bianca,

    I enjoyed your Celestial Sin! What a scorching hot read this is, but it's also has that intriguing backstory about the angels' battle that I loved even more. Will there be a book 2?

    I hope you find a home for Lucifer soon. I'd love to see it available. :)

  10. Mary Ricksen // August 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM  

    He can fall in my arms anytime. WooWoo!
    I love my me with a bit of the devil in them!
    Good stuff Linda!

  11. Ilona Fridl // August 13, 2011 at 4:10 PM  

    Bianca,
    Looks like a facinating read. It's interesting with the dark side of things being so popular, to find a book about the other side.

  12. Mary Marvella // August 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM  

    Well, crap, I stopped by and read Linda's blog and the comments and forgot to make one.

    Linda finds the cutest guys whether she is posting as Linda or Bianca!

    I love Linda's writing and I really hope Luc finds a home!

  13. Josie // August 17, 2011 at 12:37 PM  

    Linda,
    Wow--this is a wonderful premise. I love the idea of good and evil, heaven and earth, and sacrifice. Well-done!