Springtime is coming

Posted by Scarlet Pumpernickel | 1:34 AM | , , , | 8 comments »

Can you tell that I've got cabin fever? It's beginning to feel like spring here in Georgia. The Pear trees are breaking out into buds and will be snowy white in a few more days. School is winding its way toward Spring Break and Scarlet is thinking of escape. Can't you tell? My mind goes a wandering to the two lovely Mediterranean cruises my daughter and I have taken. I would so love to go again, but the unrest in the world lets me know it's not going to happen this summer. So I have my memories and my pictures. The cruise ships to the right are at anchor off the island of Santorini. Below is a picture of a canal in Venice. Everyone will recognize the view of the Parthenon.













Here again is a view of Santorini from the ship. Below is a gorgeous view of Mykonos.













This is a port in Tunisia. The cruise lines have removed this port from their schedules. Perhaps we were wise to admire it from on the ship rather than going ashore. I hope you enjoy my little mini vacation, this is all I'm likely to enjoy this summer. The flower cart reminds me of spring and that brings me back to the beginning of my little ramble. Some where when the spring breaks through!




















8 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // February 26, 2011 at 2:26 AM  

    Lovely job, Scarlett! Makes me want to take a cruise!

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // February 26, 2011 at 3:56 AM  

    Mary, when I retire from teaching, we'll have to do just that! It would be a hoot. I also love the idea of the writers conference cruise. We will have to try that one year as well.

  3. Nightingale // February 26, 2011 at 4:33 PM  

    OOOH, lovely pix, Scarlet. Made me want to hop a ship for exotic harbors. Are you planning a big trip this spring??

  4. Mary Ricksen // February 26, 2011 at 4:47 PM  

    There is nothing I would rather do than to go on a cruise almost anywhere!!
    Here it's like there is only on season. Summer...
    The writers conference cruise I took was wonderful. It was cheaper too then on land in any case!
    I am so with you and the pics are fabulous!!!!

  5. Scarlet Pumpernickel // February 26, 2011 at 7:11 PM  

    Linda, alas, no big trip planned this year. Sniff. I want to go, but we are still involved with the new house. Got the inside done, now it's the yard! Should have bought a townhouse or condo like you did! I'm going to National in NYC and will probably take a short trip to the beach, but that will be it this year. Don't want to travel with all the current unrest.

    Glad you liked the pictures. A girl can dream, can't she?

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // February 26, 2011 at 7:12 PM  

    Mary, I thought about your cruise when I was writing the blog. We will all have to get together and do a pink fuzzy cruise! Wouldn't that be a blast!

  7. Josie // February 27, 2011 at 9:06 AM  

    Scarlet,
    I must have cabin fever, also, as I've been looking at beach condos to rent. Your cruises look fabulous and I've love to go on one in the future. Which cruise line did you use?

  8. Judith Keim // February 27, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

    Wonderful pictures...like a breath of spring!! Loved seeing them. Thanks!