Wilde Times

Posted by Nightingale | 8:21 PM | | 5 comments »

A few quotes from my FAV, Oscar Wilde:

One's style is one's signature always.

That is the mission of true art--to make us pause and look at a thing a second time.

Emotion for the sake of emotion is the aim of life.

The secret of life is never to have an emotion that is unbecoming.

London is too full of fogs...and serious people...whether the fogs produce the serious people or whether the serious people produce the fogs, I don't know.

5 comments

  1. Mary Ricksen // April 10, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

    Ah, one's style is one's signature? I like that. My signature would be wacked then?
    Oh my, I think I need a style!
    Or, I am out of style. My style needs work.
    What is style that is the question!

  2. Mary Marvella // April 11, 2010 at 2:58 AM  

    I like that, too, Mary and Linda!

  3. Judith Keim // April 11, 2010 at 3:57 PM  

    I like to think of style as evolving... LOL

  4. Beth Trissel // April 11, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

    Fabulous. Especially the one about the frogs.

  5. Anonymous // April 13, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

    Linda, I love the last quote! It could be said of many places.

    Melba Moon
    President-Elect KOD