Years ago a brave woman named Kathryn Falk, Lady of Barrow, started a magazine for readers of romances. Now the magazine is huge. Fans of that magazine and the authors she showcases in it meet for a convention yearly. This year the convention took place in Orlando, Florida and some of the ladies on our blog took part.

There are book signings, workshops and parties! OH, and there's a contest for men who want to be on romance novel covers. Hunky guys compete to be named Mr Romance. They strut their stuff and vie for that title and the contracts that go with it.

Yes, I got close to as many as I could. No, I won't tell you for which hunk I voted!





Linda and I found our own Mona Risk the first day there.

Then we found our Jianne.













Mona signed To Love a Hero.









Linda signed her novella, Black Swan,







Some people were actually working.

We found Helen Scott Taylor, former member of this blog.

9 comments

  1. Dayana // July 11, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

    Nice to put faces to you guys, Linda and you Mama:) I, of course, already know Mona.

    I wish I could have been there but some other time.

    Dayana~

  2. Dayana // July 11, 2009 at 9:46 AM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  3. Edie Ramer // July 11, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

    It's fun to see what you all look like, including Helen Scott Taylor. I didn't know she was a former member of the group!

  4. Mary Marvella // July 11, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

    Yep, Edie, Helen was one of the originals, I think.

    Dayana, I agree about putting faces with names. It's so much easier to relate to a post when you've met the person, though I feel as though I know all of you.

  5. Mary Ricksen // July 11, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

    I am so jealous I couldn't go to Dayana!
    Someday maybe, I'll get to meet you all. And you'll say, shoot, who is that ole lady?
    But you guys sure look like you had a ball!

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // July 11, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

    It looks like you really have a great time. If not for Standardize testing, I'd have been right there with you guys! Sniff, but sadly I missed out. Maybe next year! But I do have National in Washington next week to look forward too. I promise not to let MM get in trouble, least ways, not alone!

    Scarlet

  7. Mary Marvella // July 11, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

    Scarlet, I'll drag you with me. (Like I'd need to drag her.)

  8. Nightingale // July 11, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

    Guilty as charged. I was there. And loved every minute of it. RT is such fun and MM is a great person to have fun with! Not to mention the eye candy. My personal preferemce was Lelis Konstantinos. Tall, blonde, beautiful and intense.

  9. Mary Marvella // July 11, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

    He was all that and more!