(Betsy Ross flag)
My research into the Southern face of the American Revolution was partly inspired by my great, great, great grandfather, Sam Houston, uncle of the famous Sam, who kept a journal of the Battle of Guilford Courthouse, North Carolina, 1781, used by historians today. ENEMY OF THE KING grew out of my passionate interest in colonial American and the high drama of the Revolution. The Battle of King’s Mountain, a mega conflict that altered the course of the war in favor of the Patriots, plays a prominent role in this fast-paced historical romance novel.

South Carolina, spies and intrigue, a vindictive ghost, the battle of King’s Mountain, Patriots and Tories, pounding adventure, pulsing romance…ENEMY OF THE KING

7 comments

  1. Mona Risk // July 5, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

    Thank you Beth for teaching us so much about America's history through your book. Enemy of The King is a very appropriate book to read on the Fourth of July weekend.

  2. Mary Ricksen // July 5, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

    I'm with Mona Beth. I love the history stuff!

  3. Mary Marvella // July 5, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

    Great job on the book and the trailer. We love a good historian and a good southerner. We love our patriots, too.

  4. Susan Macatee // July 5, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

    Just watched the trailer again, Beth! Now, I can't wait to read my copy!!

  5. Pamela Varnado // July 5, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

    Beth,
    Great trailer and such an appropriate subject to blog about during the holiday weekend. It especially touched my heart because I have a daughter and son-in-law in the military.

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // July 5, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

    Beth, excellent blog. Loved the trailer and all the history! You stories are amazing! Congrats of the new release.

    Scarlet

  7. Josie // July 6, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

    Absolutely beautiful cover, Beth. And so well researched. Thanks for sharing. BTW, I've mentioned this before, but King's Mountain, SC, is very close to where I live.