Here is the final preview of my paranormal suspense romance, White Wolf. If you get a chance please check out the trailer by clicking on Final White Wolf Preview.

“You must have heard the rumors about me and the girls while you were growing up.” Gray knuckled her cheek, touched a finger to her lower lip.

“The white wolf,” she whispered.

Gray’s skin gave off a clean spring aroma, as if the lake had cleansed him. An owl hooted nearby. Sorcha flinched and swallowed, trying to moisten her suddenly dry mouth.

“I can hear and see and smell and taste better than anyone I know. I could smell your arousal when you covered yourself with that blanket earlier. I could smell your fear before I left earlier, and in the lake a few moments ago. Our family has always had an affinity with the animals of this land. The members of my family have bonded with the spirit of the white wolf for generations. I am no different.”

“I don’t understand.” Her palms grew damp.

He draped the throw around her shoulders, separating the blue fabric so it framed her breasts.

“I have all the magnified senses of a wolf.” Gray tipped his head back and studied her through hooded eyes. “I don’t run on all fours, but I can identify your scent in O’Hare on its busiest day. My night vision allows me to see for miles. My hearing is so acute, I heard you ask God not to let you fall in love with me all over again in the bathroom earlier.”

Bitterness washed over her tongue; he knew, he knew she’d always loved him. She cupped a hand over her mouth, a move akin to closing the barn door after the horses had escaped. Shame channeled into a rising temper, and she smacked his shoulder with an open hand. “I’m not going to, you know. Not if I can help it.”

“I don’t think either of us is going to be able to control what’s happening between us.” His smile held a grim warning.

“And this?” She dipped her chin at their joined bodies.

“That’s new for me. But I have talked about it with my cousins and my grandfather. Apparently when a wolf finds his mate, this happens. Until we mate and there is a mate-lock, the males of our tribe aren’t fertile. Our sperm shoots blanks.”

“Mate?” she croaked. The throbbing at her temples doubled in volume.

“Mate,” he said, holding her chin firmly with his thumb and forefinger. “You’re mine now, just as I’m yours.”

“This is crazy,” Sorcha said.

“And you’re terrified. Your pupils are so dilated I can hardly see your irises. The roses are gone from your cheeks. I can smell not just fear, but confusion, honey. Come here.” He pressed her cheek to his chest. “What are you going to do now that you’ve returned to town? Jobs aren’t easy to come by in this county, especially in this economy.”

“Huh?” Her mind reeled, and she wanted to shake sense into him.

“Your heart’s leaping.” He rested his thumb on the hollow of her throat. “Let’s try normal conversation for a while. What do you plan to do now that you’ve returned to Twisp?”

Go with the flow, she reasoned, try to figure out this craziness. Be logical. Right. Answer his question, concentrate. Sorcha took a deep inhale, closed her eyes, and replied, “I’m going to start my own business, an ad agency. I figure I’d kick off my company by producing a magazine guide to Okanagan County. This area’s become quite a magnet for up-and-coming artists. There are eight semi-famous potteries in the area, the same for jewelers, sculptors.”

“How long have you been planning this?”

Since I started having the nightmare.

Sorcha had almost said the words aloud.

4 comments

  1. Nightingale // July 16, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

    Another intriguing glimpse at your White Wolf. Jianne, it sounds fabulous. I can see that I'm going to have to read this one. I'm hooked.

  2. Mary Ricksen // July 16, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

    I am so proud of you. Just think not too long ago, we had no clue. Now look at you five books in a year.
    Wow!

  3. Mary Marvella // July 16, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

    This book is gonna be a winner!

  4. Beth Trissel // July 17, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

    Pant! Pant! Jianne, sweetie, I'm sorry to be late to your premier!
    You are amazing! Hugs and a big high five.