Ingredients
one pound of fresh cooked string beans, or canned when you have to
eight ounces of cream cheese, (I use whipped it's easier and I'm lazy)
1/2 cup of milk, (more or less if you need to)
1/2 to 3/4 cup of real romano cheese grated
some butter, (1/3 stick, depending on your cholesterol)
put everything in a sauce pan except the beans, melt stuff and stir till nice consistency, add the cooked or canned beans and heat thoroughly.
This is the kind of recipe I watched the old Italian relatives throw together without measuring, using the toss in method, add more or less of things till it tastes the way you like it. Salt and pepper and eat, yummy, yummy. And very fattening too! It's a nice change and it always pleases that PIA in the family.

11 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // September 15, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

    Thanks, Mary! It sounds soooo good!

  2. Mary Ricksen // September 15, 2008 at 6:14 PM  

    I knew I could count on you to comment. Thanks doll.

  3. Mary Marvella // September 15, 2008 at 10:06 PM  

    I love green beans and fattening food.

    Linda is safe and finally has electricity! She's in Houston.

  4. Beth Trissel // September 16, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

    Wow! I didn't know you were an old Italian or descended from them, Mary R? recipe sounds super.

  5. Beth Trissel // September 16, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

    Thank God about Linda!

  6. Mary Ricksen // September 16, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

    Actually I am a mutt. 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Polish,1/4 Irish, 1/8 French Canadian, and 1/4 Abenaki Indian.
    I can cook it all.

    Linda is so lucky to have electricity, my friend in Houston still doesn't. But weather wise they are all fortunate to have temperatures in the 70's. Yeah Linda!

  7. Nightingale // September 17, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

    Wonderful recipe. Can't wait to try it. Tonight perhaps. Been out of communication thanks to Ike!

    Scots/Irish and Native American here.

  8. Nightingale // September 17, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

    Thanks, Girls, for the well wishes and prayers!

  9. Anonymous // September 17, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

    I'm saving the recipe to my gotta try file! Sounds wonderful. Linda, I'm so glad you're safe and electrified once again! I too love the fattening foods and Italian especially.

    The Scarlet Pumpernickel- Cherokee, French, English, Scottish, Swiss and German, I think!

  10. Jianne Carlo // September 18, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

    Thanks Mary,

    You just took care of one Thanksgiving dish! Can't wait to try it.

    JC

  11. Anonymous // September 18, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

    Wonderful idea! Thanksgiving dish, yes or maybe take for the working lunch before Christmas.

    The Scarlet Pumpernickel