Oscar Wilde


Today I was supposed to post the pictures of John and Babs Macrae-Hall from his Posted to Pembrey article. Unfortunately, thanks to Ike, I have no internet at home. So Oscar can entertain us.


I received an email from Toni this morning that she was reading a book about Oscar Wilde--Oscar Wilde and a Murder of No Importance, written by a member of Parliament and biographer of the Royal family. Oscar Wilde, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Robert Sherrard go in search of a killer. It's full of pithy Wilde sayings, of course.

4 comments

  1. Anonymous // September 19, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

    Linda, hope you will soon have power back on at home! I remember the ice storm we had here in GA about 2 years ago and the power was off for about a week. I went stir crazy! Love the quotes from Wilde.

    Scarlet Pumpernickel

  2. Mary Ricksen // September 19, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

    To me the horrible heat for three long weeks without AC was worse than the storm. I hope your electricity is back on soon!
    Mary

  3. Toni V.S. // September 19, 2008 at 5:14 PM  

    After the little I've read in that book (and the research I did online) I'm encouraged to find out more about Wilde. Thus far in the story, the murder victim is supposedly the basis for the protagonist in Wilde's "Picture of Dorian Gray" which he begins writing after discovering the body. Conan Doyle has just finished A Study in Scarlet and is beginning to write The Sign of Four when Wilde enlists his aid.

  4. Mary Marvella // September 19, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

    You girls are too Wilde!