I think it was Confucius (and not Oscar Wilde) who said that "One picture is worth a thousand words," or maybe it was Woody Allen...whatever... I'm going to let the pix I took on our "little" drive (1042 miles in 1.5 days) speak for us:

1. View from the seat of Z3PO
2. Linda feeding Z3PO
3. Riverview from hotel in Li'l Rock
4. More riverview
5. Houston seen from the freeway
6. Me in the pool
7. Beach in Galveston
8. Me contemplating the shore (notice TWRP cover T-shirt)
9. Linda contemplating the ocean
10. More beach

7 comments

  1. Nightingale // September 11, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

    It was a fun trip and Toni is a trooper to come along for this long a ride! Enjoyed the photos, Road Trip Buddy. I didn't know about those candid shots.

  2. Mary Marvella // September 11, 2008 at 4:49 PM  

    Looks like you two were having a good time. Wish I'd been there!

  3. Anonymous // September 11, 2008 at 4:58 PM  

    Great pics. Wish I'd known you guys were so close to me. We would've met for dinner!

  4. Anonymous // September 11, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

    Great photos! What a trip, you two must have had a ball! I'm all rested up from my trip at the beginning of the summer and want to go again! Need a long weekend away, oh wait, M&M's just around the corner! Hehehe, rubbing hands in glee, MM and I will be painting the town!

    Scarlet Pumpernickel

  5. Mary Ricksen // September 11, 2008 at 8:07 PM  

    Looks like a lot of fun to me.
    And the pictures makes you both look great!
    Are they doctored? No, just kidding. (grin)

  6. Toni V.S. // September 11, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

    MM, I wish you could have been there, too. That would've made it PERFECT--the three of us splashing in the surf and having bacon-wrapped shrimp stuffed with cheese as we oogled the bikers at The Spot!

  7. Jianne Carlo // September 12, 2008 at 8:41 AM  

    Looks like you two had a ball! And perfect timing. No Ike in sight!

    Jianne Carlo