Some folks think I'm cheap. I say I'm frugal. I spent my thanksgiving with 2 different friends.  The food was wonderful at both places and I took leftovers.

My older friend, June Kinion and I had the Thanksgiving special at Mimi's Restaurant in Buford, Georgia  I didn't grab a photo of that meal, but my friend was joyous and bragged that she was having dinner with a published author. I grinned!   What a smile!


Then Scarlet and I had a bounteous mean with her family. Her daughter put on a spread like Mama did in the old days.







There was some serious cookin' goin' on!

I took my containers for leftovers rather than have the ladies try to wrap food on paper plates.  When I mentioned cooking leftover bird carcuss, they laughed but sent it home with me.



I wasn't kidding! There was plenty of meat on the bones and I'll have stock to freeze!  I am doubly blessed!

Do you use leftover bones to add flavor to your meals?

5 comments

  1. Valerie Keiser Norris // November 29, 2014 at 7:12 AM  

    I do when I roast the turkey, but this year we're frying. I use ham bones, too, for beans or split pea soup.

  2. Josie // November 30, 2014 at 9:36 AM  

    Sounds like you had a serious eating festival on Thanksgiving, MM.

    I've never used bones for cooking, but my brother in law uses them for turkey soup.

  3. Mary Marvella // December 1, 2014 at 2:06 AM  

    Valerie, What did you do with the carcass? Wouldn't it flavor soup nicely?

  4. Mary Marvella // December 1, 2014 at 2:07 AM  

    Joanne, I really did! I'll be eating those leftovers for another week, at least. YUM! Of course I add other ingredients!

  5. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 2, 2014 at 1:53 AM  

    Daughter was so excited that Mary brought her own containers! She was intent on sending all the leftovers home with her! We had a really good visit. I did hear that my 80 something year old uncle was trying to hit on MM though!