I Hate Winter

Posted by Scarlet Pumpernickel | 2:09 AM | , , , , , , | 9 comments »

I committed to post something today, but since there is a really big storm heading our way, my thoughts ran to escape. So, if you're looking for escape, come with me on a guided tour. I love to travel, don't you? This is the Grand Canal in Venice. 

Remember the movie where the girl wanted to kiss under Rialto Bridge? This is it.

This is a shot of the caldera from the top of Santorini. I love the color of the water. I'd always thought this was just photoshopped, but no, it really is this blue. Beautiful. Feeling warmer yet? 

This is a shot of a restaurant on the Grand Canal in Venice.  We were in a water taxi on a private tour. Awesome, they even served us wine while we cruised the Grand Canal.

This lovely place is the party capital of the Mediterranean. Mykonos, Greece is beautiful, we loved strolling through the cobbled streets and meeting the shop keepers.

This a shot of old town Bari, Italy. We walked all around the old town area, it was lovely.

See the laundry hanging above the street? People live above the shops and hang their laundry like you see on television. They ride motor bikes and have really tiny streets in the old town.

That is our cruise ship in the background. It was wonderful. MSC Cruise Line and the ship was Musica. This was the port where we took the bus to Olympia. 

This is a ruin of a temple at Olympia. It was amazing to see all these site.

I think this is a shot of Dubrovnik Croatia and I was sitting somewhere in the shade having lunch while my daughter walked around taking photos.

This is a shopping area in Corfu, Greece. We enjoyed walking and people watching.

Isn't this a beautiful shot? I've forgotten where we were, but I loved the view.

And of couse we must have a nude in the show, right? Now, don't you feel warmer?

9 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // November 13, 2014 at 2:44 AM  

    I'll keep looking at it tomorrow and Friday. Maybe I need to look at my beach pictures, too!

  2. Barbara Monajem // November 13, 2014 at 9:41 AM  

    There's a storm coming? I had no idea. It sure would be fun to be strolling around Venice now... I loved it there. Thanks for the warm pics. :)

  3. debjulienne // November 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM  

    Man-oh-man, I want to escape with you next time..especially if you go back to Greece...

  4. Mary Ricksen // November 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM  

    Sign me up for the next trip!

  5. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 14, 2014 at 1:33 AM  

    Mary M, beach pictures would be good. It's supposed to be 28 here in the morning!

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 14, 2014 at 1:34 AM  

    Barbara, I love Venice and yes, it would be fun to be strolling there! Stay warm, my friend.

  7. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 14, 2014 at 1:35 AM  

    Deb, I'll let you know! I hope to go again in the next few years.

  8. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 14, 2014 at 1:35 AM  

    Mary R, we should try to do a writer's trip, wouldn't that be fun?

  9. Josie // November 16, 2014 at 9:08 AM  

    Scarlet, what a lovely cruise. I've been fortunate enough to travel to Venice twice. The grand canal and Rialto bridge pics captured the perfect mood of a perfect city.