A Dave Barry Thanksgiving

Posted by Josie | 9:14 AM | 5 comments »

Enjoy a laugh because today I'm sharing the brilliant comic writer Dave Barry's classic turkey recipe. Enjoy!

"You probably have your own turkey recipe, but you have not had turkey until you taste it the way I make it. People will take just one bit of my turkey and exclaim: "Aren't you supposed to remove this plastic bag containing turkey organs before you put it in the oven?" Not me, pal. Those organs are scary. I'm not putting my hand inside a dark turkey orifice with them until I'm sure they are dead. So i recommend cooking the tar out of the turkey, then firing a couple of machine-gun bursts into it just in case. We call this "Turkey, Miami-style."



Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

5 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // November 25, 2014 at 9:57 AM  

    Wonderful! I love Dave Barry.

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM  

    Thanks for sharing!

  3. Josie // November 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM  

    I love Dave Barry, too, Beth!

  4. Josie // November 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM  

    You're very welcome, Scarlet. Hope you enjoyed a Happy Thanksgiving.

  5. debjulienne // December 19, 2014 at 2:37 PM  

    Thanks for sharing.