Do you see this precious beautiful face. That's the face of my adorable, granddaughter, Kylie. I just love her and her brother to bits. She and Donivan are the light of my life. They keep me laughing with all their shennanigans.

Here's a couple of examples, picture this then you decide.

Just last week my 8 year granddaughter asks:

Kylie: Mama can I use one of your cake pans to make my Barbie a hot tub?

Me: Sure, use the round ones, the sides are higher.

Kylie gets the pan out then goes to the sink and proceeds to fill it with cold water. Carefully takes it to the dining table then puts my blue fuzzy scarf around it and looks back at me.

Me: raised eyebrows trying to hold back laughter.

Kylie: What? Barbie needs privacy.

Me: (laughing) I don't know why you're worried about her privacy when you filled her tub with cold water, she's going to freeze her butt off.

Kylie: (without missing a beat and with a straight face) She's plastic Mama, leave the comedy for your books.

This is also the kid who, less that two months after her baby brother was born and began stealing her attention, made me laugh so hard I cried.

Kylie's mom, Amber, was on the couch watching television with me. Donivan (2 months old) had been asleep but woke up crying with a dirty diaper and hungry, so his mom sat on the floor ready to change his diaper. Kylie tried to crawl into her lap, wanting attention.

Amber: Kylie move, Mommy has to change Donivan.

Kylie scootches closer.

Amber: Move honey, Mommy needs to change your brother, he stinks.

Kylie: Moves sits on the floor and starts to pout.

Kylie tries again to climb on her mommy's lap.

Amber: Kylie, come on, let me get done.

Kylie: Flings her head back against the couch, covers her eyes as only a 2-year-old can do and cries, "He's ruining my life!"

Amber and I looked at each other and started laughing...I ended up with tears running down my cheeks

I believe true happiness is the ability to laugh at anything. With these kids, I feel like life is about to get a whole lot funnier?

Thanks for letting me share the rantings of an amused Grandmother.

I hope y'all have a great day!

deb

13 comments

  1. Unknown // March 12, 2014 at 4:38 PM  

    I love it. I look forward to the day when I become a grandmother.
    thanks for the laughs. It made my day.

  2. Autumn Jordon // March 12, 2014 at 4:57 PM  

    LOL. He's ruining my life. That is precious.

  3. debjulienne // March 12, 2014 at 7:23 PM  

    Dawn, the things that comes out of a kids mouth is truly amazing. You'll have a blast!

  4. debjulienne // March 12, 2014 at 7:24 PM  

    Autumn, I wish I could have had a video tape to share...she played that one off like a true diva.

  5. Mary Marvella // March 13, 2014 at 12:38 AM  

    What an actress! Take after her grandma Deb much?

  6. Pamela Varnado // March 14, 2014 at 11:57 AM  

    Your blog reminds me of the power of love. The overwhelming love we have for our children extends to their grandchildren and so on for generations. And like you, I love spending time with my grandkids. The things they say will stay with me forever

  7. Mary Ricksen // March 15, 2014 at 4:48 PM  

    Hysterical, kids do say the darnedest things!

  8. Scarlet Pumpernickel // March 16, 2014 at 2:07 AM  

    Grandbabies are the most perfect thing God created!

  9. Josie // March 16, 2014 at 1:26 PM  

    What a lovely, absolutely precious story, Deb. Sounds like you enjoy being a grandmother.

  10. debjulienne // March 17, 2014 at 7:12 PM  

    MaryM, she's a real drama queen already...very sensitive, acts bashful until you get to know her unless she's singing karoke...then look out...a real diva.

  11. debjulienne // March 17, 2014 at 7:13 PM  

    Pamela...I loved being a mom...never thought anything would top it...but being a granmother is the BEST!

  12. debjulienne // March 17, 2014 at 7:14 PM  

    Scarlet, yes they are!

  13. debjulienne // March 17, 2014 at 7:14 PM  

    Josie, if only being "grandma" was an occupation...I love it!