Sex, Lies, and Beauty Aides has been released, March 3, 2014. I'm promoting it. It's selling. What's next?

I had planned this as a 3 book series, and luckily I have book 2 and 3 done...ONLY...my editor said, "What about Angel?"

I felt like I'd been hit over the head with a sledge hammer. I'd never given her a thought past her part in this story.

So I started asking myself questions. What's her story? Where did she come from? How did she end up running a bridal/intimate apparell/adult store? I thought it might be fun to do a novella between book 1 and 2. I suggested it to my editor. Her response, "Do you think you can say it all in a novella?" I should have listened good and hard to that question. I made a goal for myself and planned to do the novella for NaNo. Figured about 75 pages and I did it. But when I asked for some critiques, they said, it needs to be longer.

The hardest thing I've ever done was to turn a novella into a full book. Holy Moses...filling in gaps, fleshing out backstory, adding everything necessary is driving me insane...yeah, like I need any help.

I have 45K words, the rest is plotted and all my plot points have been added where I need to fill in. With any luck I'll be done in a week, ready to polish and get to my editor.

What's next: Book II - Antics, Antidotes, and Angel


Travis Wellington has everything a successful man could want. He's first in line for the Wellington empire, millions at his disposal, and he can have any woman he wants. That is...until he meets Angel Talbot, who wants nothing to do with him. What's a man to do?

Angeline Talbot, Angel to her friends. Angel is hiding from a past she can't let go of. Her focus is currently on her business and trying to re-open her bridal salon. Angel runs Angeline's an intimate apparel shop that also has a decadent supply of adult paraphernalia and the genius to know how to use it. When Travis' past comes back to haunt him the Blue-hair Brigade come to the rescue, but will Travis and Angel survive the Blue-hair Bridage?

I hope you'll be as excited as I am when you finally meet these two and go on their crazy journey while they fight for their "Happily Ever After."

Have a great day.

deb

10 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // March 19, 2014 at 10:14 PM  

    Deb, I love the way you put this story together. Each of us uses a different process!

  2. Autumn Jordon // March 19, 2014 at 10:55 PM  

    The story sounds fun.

    Your journey sounds a lot like mine with my current wip. I had planned it to be novella and it's now at 65K. Honestly, I think it's much better as I'm sure you do too.

  3. Barbara Monajem // March 19, 2014 at 11:02 PM  

    LOL, Deb -- I can totally relate. I find it much harder to expand a story than to cut it down.

  4. debjulienne // March 20, 2014 at 12:14 PM  

    Mary, if only there really was a template writers used...it would be soooo much simpler.

  5. debjulienne // March 20, 2014 at 12:15 PM  

    Autumn, good thing we do this because we love to create....it sure isn't about the money..hahaha

  6. debjulienne // March 20, 2014 at 12:16 PM  

    Barbara, I honestly didn't think I could come up with a full story on Angel...I was soooo wrong..now I'm having to narrow my field to keep the story focused...Angel will now be in all four stories.

  7. Mary Ricksen // March 22, 2014 at 1:47 PM  

    What's next! NY Times best sellers list for sure sweetie!

  8. Josie // March 23, 2014 at 12:54 PM  

    You describe your writing process as a "plotter". I tend to be a "pantser", which sometimes isn't nearly as efficient. Best wishes on competing this book very quickly--you're more than halfway there.

  9. debjulienne // March 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM  

    Mary R, from your mouth to God's ears. Bless you!

  10. debjulienne // March 26, 2014 at 12:44 PM  

    Josie...I'm down the the last 5 or6 scenes...and it's grueling...mr brain is Hide n' Seek from me.