When I started revisions on Sex, Lies, and Beauty Aides, my story didn't click until I found my true hero.

If you've seen the cover (above), my pinterest page about the book, or the trailer, you've seen Paul Walker is my chosen muse for the character of Trent Wellington. One of the deciding factors for choosing Paul wasn't just that he's handsome, oh and believe me he is, but it was discovering the man beyond the movies.

In addition to his movie endeavors, he founded Reach Out Worldwide whose mission statement reads: "REACH OUT Worldwide is a quick-response, mobile first aid organization aiding in rescue and recovery after major natural disasters around the globe."

Their relief efforts have helped with Tornados in Illinois, Alabama, and Oklahome City, the Colorado Flood, and Typhoons in Haiyan and the Philippines. It's amazing to see such a humble man who cared so much then give of himself, not to mention how far reaching his efforts have gone.

But his story doesn't end here.

In my opinion, Paul is not the only hero in the Walker family. Enter Cody Walker.



I'm using his official Facebook Bio here with his permission:

I'm the youngest of the Walker siblings. I grew up in So. Calif and graduated from La Canada High School in 2006. I then went on to Santa Barbara City College and eventually graduated from UCSB with a Bachelors in Cultural Anthropology. Immediately after graduating I earned my EMT certification from UCLA center of Prehospital Care and moved up to Oregon where I pursued schooling to become a Paramedic. For the last two and half years I worked on an ambulance as an EMT and then in June of 2013 I completed school and became a licensed Paramedic. At that time I continued with the ambulance and began working as a Paramedic.

This in and of itself is a remarkable man. And again, the story doesn't stop here.

In light of the loss of Paul Walker who passed away on November 30, 2013, Cody made a life changing decision to make sure his brother's legacy lived on. He packed his bags and moved back to California: "to give ROWW all I've got. I wanted to make Paul proud in life, and I want him to look down on ROWW now knowing that its future is bright. I look forward to working with the ROWW team and fulfilling the unmet need."

Paul Walker will be truly missed, but his legacy lives on in his beloved brother, Cody. Way to go Cody, my new hero.

Please join me in supporting Cody Walker and Reach Out Worldwide and help make a difference. I will be donating a portion of the profits of my debut book to ROWW...anyone else???

Bless you Cody!

deb

18 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // March 26, 2014 at 2:55 PM  

    I'm with you, Deb. He is a perfect man to be the model for your hero! Thanks for sharing!

  2. debjulienne // March 26, 2014 at 3:11 PM  

    Mary, I think I'm going to have to write a book for Cody now...what a charming young man.

  3. Pamela Varnado // March 26, 2014 at 3:14 PM  

    You've touched my heart, Deb. Paul Walker was a hero both on and off the big screen. He will be missed.

  4. debjulienne // March 26, 2014 at 5:43 PM  

    Pamela, he was such a charming man with such a huge heart.

  5. Scarlet Pumpernickel // March 26, 2014 at 8:17 PM  

    Deb, thanks for sharing. It is so sad when such a bright and caring light burns out before its time. Cody is a very couragious young man to focus on completing the mission his brother started. Heros both of them.

  6. debjulienne // March 26, 2014 at 8:22 PM  

    Scarlet, I agree, I'm impressed with them both.

  7. Autumn Jordon // March 26, 2014 at 10:09 PM  

    I agree with Scarlet. Both are men to be admired.

  8. Eden Ashe // March 26, 2014 at 10:34 PM  

    Lovely, Deb. What a great story.

  9. Beth Trissel // March 27, 2014 at 7:39 AM  

    Wow, Deb. What an amazing story. And a remarkable young man. God bless him.

  10. Barbara Monajem // March 27, 2014 at 9:10 AM  

    Awesome, Deb. Thanks for posting this.

  11. Unknown // March 27, 2014 at 9:12 AM  

    Deb, that is an inspiring story. The world needs more people like the Walkers.

  12. debjulienne // March 27, 2014 at 8:33 PM  

    Gemma, I so agree...I'm really impressed with both of the Walker boys.

  13. Nightingale // March 29, 2014 at 8:43 AM  

    Deb, what an interesting and touching post. Thanks for sharing. Linda

  14. Josie // March 30, 2014 at 8:20 PM  

    Beautiful story, Deb. Super congrats on your novel, and what a wonderful to tribute to Paul, as well as his brother, Cody.

  15. Mary Ricksen // March 31, 2014 at 11:45 AM  

    What a pleasure to hear this kind of story for a change!!

  16. debjulienne // March 31, 2014 at 2:08 PM  

    Linda, Thanks for reading, I love finding out about new people.

  17. debjulienne // March 31, 2014 at 2:09 PM  

    Thanks you, Josie, I totally agree!

  18. debjulienne // March 31, 2014 at 2:09 PM  

    Mary, I know what you mean, I'm so tired of negative stories.