We have a visitor today from across the pond! Everyone please help me give a great big Pink Fuzzy welcome to author, Kizzie Darker. I met Kizzie (Kerry) on Facebook and we became friends. When she told me she had just published her first book I invited her to come visit and tell us all about it. So, without further delay, I give you an interview with British author, Kizzie Darker!


1.    Tell us about yourself.

~ My real name is Kerry Louise Ward. I was born in 1979 in a small beer brewing town called Burton Upon Trent UK. I grew up in a small village of Church Gresley but my life soon became complicated.

2.    Are you a full time writer or do you have a “day job”?


     ~ I am a full time writer but I take care of my husband. He suffers from muscular skeletal pain and needs my help throughout the day.


3.    What inspired your latest book?

     ~My love of reading inspired my latest book. I read the fifty shades trilogy and the bared to you series.


4.    Are you traditionally published, self-published or both?

~I decided to go down the self-publishing route. For me it was the easiest way into publishing but hope to have my series published traditionally.

5.    How far do you plan ahead?
~I usually plan quite far ahead. I write notes and add or change them as I go along. I plot storylines as the pop in my head and usually run them past my husband for his approval.

6.    Do you ever suffer from writer's block? If so, what do you do to combat it?

~All the time! When I do I step away from my workspace, take a walk or sometimes switch on my music and chill out and relax.

Excerpt….

I wake. The sun is yet to rise and shine in the Paris sky. I lay in his bed. The strange surroundings do not sit right in my mind for I feel extremely uncomfortable. I can hear noises coming from the lounge. Music from the juke box fills the apartment yet again whilst a cheesy song plays. Really? Do you really have to listen to that Nathan? It’s bad enough that you listen to do ya think I’m sexy let alone sing along to it.

http://smarturl.it/distractionanddesire 



Blurb….
She was his distraction, he her desire.
Joanna woods thought her broken heart would never heal again when Luke ripped her world apart.
Upon deciding to take a much needed vacation to Paris, the city of love, would a chance meeting change her life forever?
Nathan Jones moonlights as a successful business man but unbeknown to Joanna he secretly works as a C.I.A agent travelling the world, tackling crime.
He has already lost one love of his life; will he risk it all when he meets Joanna?
Joanna and Nathan have chemistry but will it be enough to make their relationship work?
Will Joanna be able to handle the truth when she finds out who Nathan really is or will it end in further heartache?





9 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // February 27, 2014 at 9:48 AM  

    Kizzie,
    Welcome to the pink fuzzies! Sorry this is late posting, I had it scheduled to post at midnight and somehow it failed to do so. You're here now, so let the party begin!

    Scarlet aka MJ Flournoy & Melba

  2. Mary Marvella // February 27, 2014 at 5:41 PM  

    Kizzie, I am so glad you could join us and share your story! Keep up the good work.

  3. Beth Trissel // February 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM  

    Hello Kissie and welcome! Kewl that you are from across the pond. I enjoyed reading your post and your excerpt. I surely know about writer's block. Good advice.

  4. Unknown // February 27, 2014 at 8:51 PM  

    Thankyou so much for making me welcome. I can reveal that I am working on the second novel in the Desire series.

  5. Barbara Monajem // February 27, 2014 at 9:14 PM  

    Hi, Kizzie! How kind of you to visit the Fuzzies. I go for a walk, too, when my muse wants to take a break. Or I wash the dishes or do the laundry. Anything to get the creative brain working again. Good luck with your series. :)

  6. Autumn Jordon // February 27, 2014 at 11:41 PM  

    Welcome to the Fuzzies. I love your name. I also enjoy the excerpt. Congrats on the new release!

  7. Josie // March 3, 2014 at 1:26 PM  

    Welcome, Kizzie, to the Pink Fuzzies. So glad you could join us from across the pond. I have a daughter at university in Northern Ireland, so I am very familiar with that flight. I wish you continuing success with your writing.

  8. Mary Ricksen // March 8, 2014 at 2:23 PM  

    Kizzie,welcome! Love the cover!! Best of luck with sales.

  9. debjulienne // March 11, 2014 at 12:33 PM  

    Welcome Kizzie, can't wait to learn more about you.