I have two wonderful sons.  The youngest, Simon, designed my website, and I am very proud of both.  My boys are older than I wish they were (because that makes me older than I wish I was!)  Ian, the eldest, lives near Manchester, England, is married to a darling English woman, has two lovely children--a boy and a girl, Jarl and Jehanne--and does period reenactments for the Longshank era.  I am partially responsible for this since I dragged my sons to English Civil War Reeinactments when I lived in Miami.  The reeinactments were held at the Fort in St. Augustine, and my friend Helen and I were the cavalry of two.

It's difficult having two grandchildren and a son so far away.  We do connect on Skype which eases the need to see them.  But I still can't hold them, and they are growing up so fast.

Ian and Simon carry British passports since their father is from the UK, London to be exact.  He and I have been divorced for many years, but remain friends.  In fact, I'm giving him a dinner party tomorrow night to celebrate his birthday.

Ian has a degree in Game Design.  Simon is returing to School (University of Houston) to complete his degree in Fine Arts.  He now has an associates in Graphic Arts.

For the writer part, the book of my heart, Sinners' Opera, was released in July by Double Dragon Publishing and in available in both print and ebook.  I am delighted that the book is getting great reviews.  Check out Goodreads or Amazon.

This is my short introduction to two of the best people in my life.  There are many others, including my writer friends!

Enjoy your weekend!

Linda

PS Tried to include a photo of the grandchildren, but Blogger refused to cooperate!

4 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // August 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM  

    Super post, Linda. Such fun learning more about your wonderful sons and family. I saw you on your gorgeous horse when our local historical site did that reenactment of the British Civil War. Booo Cromwell!

    Having read Sinner's Opera, and being a big fan of Morgan, I can certainly recommend this novel to lovers of dark paranormal romance. Which, I'm not normally, but Morgan won me over. I love the cover. :)

  2. Barbara Monajem // August 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM  

    How lovely to learn about your family, Linda. Thanks for posting this! :)

  3. Mary Marvella // August 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM  

    I remember when those "boys" were really just boys! Remember South Eastern with your guys? Remember the prizes Morgan won? I love hearing how the kids are doing. Grandma Linda! (grin)

  4. Mary Ricksen // August 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM  

    You are a terrific mother! And they are so lucky to have you sweetie! Great cover too!