An online friend who is a reader encouraged me to buy trading cards for my books.  She is an avid collector of author trading cards.  The card usually features the cover on one side, and a picture and details about the character on the other side.  I have checked into it, and you have to design your own card to send to the printing company.  I have the full Adobe Suite program on my computer but...you guessed right...I don't know how to use it!  So, as always in these dire situations, I call upon my son to help.  Help, Simon, Help!!

Once I get my cards designed, I have chosen photographs for each, and I have written their characteristics.  These characters are from Sinners' Opera, a vampire paranormal romance.  I thought I would NEVER find a photograph of someone to represent Morgan, the hero.  I did a search on "handsome men with long black hair" searching for a picture of Lucien, the anti-hero.  And a picture of a gorgeous blond man popped up in the search.  Here are the photos of Lucien, Morgan and Isabeau, the heroine (though I imagined her as looking like Michelle Pfeiffer in Lady Hawke).

Morgan: 

 
 
Isabeau:
 
 

Lucien:


Sinners' Opera is available in print and ebook formats on Amazon or from the publisher, Double Dragon Publishing.
 


4 comments

  1. Sarah J. McNeal // August 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM  

    Do you have to pay for the rights to the pictures you use, or are they part of the cover created for your book where the rights have been purchased?
    I would have to buy a software program for my computer and, God only knows if I could learn how to use the dang thing.
    I had no idea readers collected these character trading cards.
    I wonder if you can have book covers put on playing cards?
    Interesting post.

  2. Mary Ricksen // August 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM  

    Sounds like an interesting idea to me.
    Anything that helps! Go Linda!!

  3. Mary Marvella // August 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM  

    Linda, you are so into promotion! We all need to be.

    I like your character choices.

  4. Barbara Monajem // August 22, 2013 at 9:33 PM  

    I can't imagine collecting these myself (because I always have my own idea of what characters are like in the books I read), but it's a fun promo idea. Great choices, Linda. I like your Morgan best. :)