Posted by Mary Ricksen | 12:00 AM | 4 comments »

A Bit Of Comic Relief
 Image


               CAR KEYS
  
Several days ago as I left a meeting at a hotel;
I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down.
I was looking for my keys. They were not in my pockets.
A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.
Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car.
Frantically, I headed for the parking lot.
My husband has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition.
My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them.
His theory is that the car will be stolen.
As I burst through the door, I came to a terrifying conclusion.
His theory was right.
The parking lot was empty.
I immediately called the police. I gave them my location,
confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.
Then I made the most difficult call of all, "Honey," I stammered;
( I always call him "honey" in times like these.)
"I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen."
There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped,
but then I heard his voice.  "Are you kidding' me", he barked, "I dropped you off"!!!!!!!
Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."
He retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this cop I didn't steal your car."
Yep it's the golden years................
=============

4 comments

  1. Anonymous // August 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM  

    OMG! I can so relate to this. My daughter and I parked at perimeter mall and went shopping. We had just a hour to spare because I was due to award GRW's Maggie Award at the annual conference. We got to the parking lot and the car was gone. After much frustration and fear that it had been stolen, my daughter said, "Seriously Mom, no one would want our car. I think we came out the wrong door." Of course she was right. But I was still nearly an hour late for the banquet!

    Scarlet

  2. Mary Marvella // August 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM  

    I love it! I had such a panic at a rest area in Alabama at 2 AM. I stared and paced and prepared to tell the security guards. Then I realized there were no trucks in the back of the area. I remembered there were trucks in view, so I headed back inside and chose a different door.
    Thanks for the post, Mary R.

  3. Mary Ricksen // August 14, 2013 at 10:53 AM  

    I was in Ohio once and had to put my luggage in the rental cars trunk. I stuck my keys in the front of my bra. And talked with my friend for a few minutes, then did a frantic search for the keys. After a half a frantic hour, I figured it out. Boy did I fee dumb!

  4. Mary Marvella // August 14, 2013 at 7:13 PM  

    Your bra? I can see why you didn't think to look there. Now money, where else would you keep it?