Crazy busy or just crazy?

Posted by Mary Marvella | 8:48 AM | 8 comments »

Good morning!
I really am not a morning person, yawn.

I've been crazy busy lately. I am editing for Gilded Dragonfly Books and for private clients. This week had promised to be a catchup week after the RWA National convention.  My editor fixed that with the return of a novella for me to reformat and revise by midweek. I have edited 180 pages since Sunday night and worked on reformatting the novella. (I use a Mac and the easy directions don't work on a Mac.) It's midweek and my editor won't get the novella today.

Funny, the idea of having a published book released by a publisher sounded wonderful a while back.  Someone wanted the book of my heart. I wanted a release date so I could promote.  Would you like the release date? Well, you'll get it as soon as I do.

Then I must promote. Oh, joy!  Bad Mary, or M.M Mayfield. She will get to promote and she is overjoyed at the prospect. Let her do it then, grin.

More later. Anyone think I should put a Mary Marvella book free on Amazon this week?

8 comments

  1. Unknown // August 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM  

    August is a crazy month for me too. Grad party, register one for college, get the other one ready for his Senior year....

  2. Mary Ricksen // August 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM  

    Yes, put it up, but just for two weeks!

  3. Mary Marvella // August 7, 2013 at 2:54 PM  

    Thanks for stopping by, Pat! My kid is 40, but I remember the craziness!

  4. Mary Marvella // August 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM  

    Mary R, I can put 1 free for up to 5 days.

  5. Barbara Monajem // August 7, 2013 at 7:32 PM  

    Go, Mary! Busy is good.

    As for the free book, why not? It should help generate sales of the other books (or so they say).

  6. Mary Marvella // August 7, 2013 at 7:56 PM  

    Figured I'd do it before I pour on promo for the new one coming.

  7. Anonymous // August 7, 2013 at 9:54 PM  

    MM, I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see your cover. Biting nails waiting for that release date.

    Scarlet

  8. Mary Marvella // August 7, 2013 at 10:02 PM  

    Thanks, Scarlet, You, too soon!