Energy and persistence conquer all things.

I don’t know who penned this quote, but it is so true. My daughter sent it to me. She is such an inspiration, not just to me but to all her friends. The quote reminds me that the power to create the life I desire is in my hands. I just have to do the work and persevere, because in time all things are possible. So keep dreaming, and most importantly, work hard to transform the fantasies in your head into realities.

 
You can do.
I believe in you.
Believe in yourself.

 
And remember you are not alone on your journey. My interpretation of the NASA photo below is that each person is part of a million little lights shining in one beautiful world. It is an image of India's Diwali lights from space.

 
 


11 comments

  1. Patrice Wilton // February 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM  

    Pamela, that was a beautiful post, and so true. The power lies within us, and we must perservere and work hard to achieve our goals and dreams. You only fail when you quit.

  2. Pamela Varnado // February 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM  

    Patrice, every time I become fearful because of a rejection letter, I remind myself of this truth. It also helps me to silence my internal editor.

  3. Mary Ricksen // February 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM  

    Never say die...Great advise!

  4. Scarlet Pumpernickel // February 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM  

    Pam, this is so fitting after our little adventure last weekend. You quote reminds me of the one I adopted years ago. My motto: If it is to be, it's up to me. I try to instill this motto in my students. Thanks for sharing these encouraging words.

  5. Pamela Varnado // February 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM  

    Thanks, Mary and Scarlet. I raised my kids on "If it's to be, it's up to me."

  6. Mary Marvella // February 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM  

    Just what we needed to hear, Pam! Thanks!

  7. Pamela Varnado // February 28, 2013 at 1:12 AM  

    I try my best, Mary.

  8. Beth Trissel // February 28, 2013 at 8:15 AM  

    Wonderful post and so encouraging. Thanks!

  9. Autumn Jordon // February 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM  

    Awesome advice and not just for penning a story. If you want to lose weight> energy and persistence. If you want to, build a raised garden> energy and persistence. If you need to handle a troubling situation, energy and persistence.

    Anything is possible with energy, persistence, and I'll add in patience and knowledge.

  10. Pamela Varnado // February 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM  

    Autumn, you're right. gaining the knowledge needed to do the job is just as important as persistence.

  11. Pamela Varnado // February 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM  

    Beth, it's important to me that I'm always positive and encouaging. Not only does that help me to stay positive it often makes someone else smile.