Sometimes we forget and others we don't let ourselves remember

Folks, I scheduled two blogs and managed to forget them. I missed the blog I scheduled somewhere else on Mama's birthday and one here on Daddy's birthday. How could I have forgotten?

Well, for one thing I have been working hard to get an anthology edited. Yes, that's the reason. Or is it?

Maybe the reason is that I have been editing for clients and reformatting a book to send to my editor. Sure, that's the reason. Editing takes concentration and changing every indent on my 100,000 word manuscript takes time and no brainer work. Or is that the real reason?

Something tells me I'm not ready to write about my parents without washing the keyboard with tears. Daddy's passing  I could handle, because it was a blessing. Mama's was unexpected. Maybe 13 years isn't enough for me to gain perspective without tears.  But I know they would be proud of my work as a writer and an editor.

Good news! The Gilded Dragonfly Books launch publication is almost here!  We will be signing copies of Carousel Déjà Vu Saturday at Peerless Books in Alpharetta, GA at 7 pm.

Jackson Nighttraveller invites special folks to experience the magic of a ride on his carousel in the north Georgia amusement park, Dancing Dragonfly. Nine stories tell what can happen if a rider catches the magic brass ring.

See my invite at www.MaryMarvella.com.
Check out our blog at www.gildeddragonflybooks.wordpress.com

I suspect my parents, Mary Elizabeth McKeown Overby and James Claude Overby,  will be there watching over me!



   

13 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // February 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM  

    MM, I can testify to how hard you have been working. And no, 13 years is not long enough. I lost my mom in 1969 and even today, if I talk about it the tears will fall. And yes, like you, I like to think my loved ones will know of our achievements. At least I know my grandmother will, because she is nosy and comes to visit every now and then.

  2. Mary Marvella // February 20, 2013 at 12:02 AM  

    Thanks, Scarlet! Mama would tell me how to garden, if I had the nerve to try. Daddy would try to correct my grammar. Snort! Let him try!

  3. Beth Trissel // February 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM  

    MM, you are amazing! I totally understand about how hard it is, no matter how much time has passed, to ever get over the passing of a beloved parent, even though mine, thank God, are both still alive. I am still torn up over my Grandma and she lived to be 99 and was very ready to go. I'm sure your mother and father would both be very proud of you, and so am I. Wow, what a lot you are doing!

  4. Patrice Wilton // February 20, 2013 at 2:39 PM  

    It's wonderful to keep those memories alive even if they do bring tears - remember all the love and joy they brought into your life. And yes, they'd be proud of you.

  5. Mary Marvella // February 20, 2013 at 2:44 PM  

    Thanks, Beth. I plan to live to be 100 and make everyone crazy!

  6. Mary Marvella // February 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM  

    Thanks, Patrice! Even now I am tearing up. I was a very lucky kid!

  7. Mary Ricksen // February 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM  

    I suspect they are very proud of you, but I suspect also, that they would have been proud of you no matter what you decided to do in your life. When you're a good daughter and person, you just are. And you MM just are both!
    Losing a loved one is the worst pain...

  8. Mona Risk // February 20, 2013 at 3:55 PM  

    Hi MM, you came a long way. We all did. I am sure that your parents would be very proud of you. But we never stop the learning process. Did I mention that I learned to type during my last cruise? I practiced every day for an hour.

  9. Autumn Jordon // February 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM  

    MM, I just want to reach through the screen and hug you. I have my parents still. I'm lucky. However, I miss others, like my paternal grandparents. We were very close and even though decades have gone by since their passing, I still miss them. Infact, this morning, one of my first thoughts were 'Happy Birthday, Grandme.'

    I hope my grandchildren will remember me as well.

    I'm sure your parents are very proud of you. (((HUGS)))

  10. Mary Marvella // February 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM  

    Mary R, yes my folks were proud of my teaching and even when I lost that job.(long story) I was there for them when Daddy started sinking into his health problems and when Mama was alone.

  11. Mary Marvella // February 20, 2013 at 11:04 PM  

    Learned to type? NOOOOO. Reformatting is enough work for me. I have at least 5 books to reformat! Good or you Mona!

  12. Mary Marvella // February 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM  

    Autumn, I'd take that hug! I miss my grandmamas, too! Never knew my granddaddies. I am a sentimental person, anyway. I'll be fine again soon and last until late fall when my parents died. Then I plan to be so busy I forget those dates again until I can deal.

  13. Mary Marvella // February 20, 2013 at 11:13 PM  

    I am so blessed to have my Pink Fuzzy sisters!