Stress... and More stress!

Posted by Patrice Wilton | 1:37 PM | 7 comments »

Happy Holidays Everyone!
 Well, I had no idea what I would blog about today but I came home from tennis and found my house in total chaos, which sent my already high blood pressure soaring! Not only did I lose my last match of the season, but it is one week from Christmas, and the world is ending, and some idiots were sitting on our lawn eating their lunch. They are here, courtesy of our HOA, to power wash the roof, which doesn't need cleaning, and will make a total mess of our windows which were cleaned for Christmas holidays about 2 weeks ago. So, I begged a little for them to pass our house, pretend they did it, and just move on to the next house in line. Meanwhile, we had decided to get a new pool heater and who shows up but the guys delivering the heater, and the other crew were using toxic chemicals to clean the neighbor's roof, and we are in a zero plot line, so they are gasping for air as they work to install our heater. Meanwhile, my husband, gentle soul that he is, is cranky, pulling his hair out, as he told the roof guys to finish before noon so the pool guys could do their work.

I need a massage. Or a drink - but it's only one, so I may have to wait a bit. Uh, is that long enough?
Anyway, my daughter and her family, my 3 and 5 year-old granddaughters will be here to celebrate Christmas, aand hopefully our windows will still be clean because I begged the roofers to spare our house. Now, to add to my stress, I have a son and a grand-daughter, and a pregnant soon-to-be daughter in law in Orlando, and I'm driving there on Thursday to spend two nights and an early Christmas, and driving back here to West Palm on Saturday morning - Doomsday. The day the world might end. Holy crap. I have a 3 hour drive and I may be all alone, with no loved ones around me. Now, how is that for stress?????

And if that's not bad enough, I now have a three book contract and the first should be coming out in February, and I hope to live to see it, and then of course, I'll have to worry about numbers. Did I sell enough?

Okay, enough whining! But what about the poor, poor families who lost their dear babies. What are we to do to make sure this insanity stops?

What is is about this time of the year, one which is all about giving and spreading joy, that creates such a high leval of stress, and how do we cope with it?

Tell me your solutions, and I'll tell you mine. Lots of wine, my friends. And to give thanks for all the blessings in our lives. I want for nothing. I have everything I need, and all that I want. I am one hundred percent happy with my life, my husband, our joint families, my career path, my dear beloved friends, and I wish all the very same for each and every one of you.

HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY EVERYONE!
   

7 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // December 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM  

    Patrice, you need some cheese with that whine/wine. I'm guessing you will have dealt with those things you can handle and be your usual sunshiny self tomorrow. Have another glass, hon!

    Is it okay that I am laughing? I'll pretend I'm not.

  2. Mona Risk // December 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM  

    Nothing can stress me now. Because if I feel stress, I think about the beautiful children who were massacred on Friday. And I say: Thank you Lord for your blessings and for the safety of my own grandchildren. I was like you, Patrice, worrying and stressing about cooking, baking, writing, presents before Christmas. But I couldn't sleep last night after watching the funerals of two little boys the same age as my little David. Believe me, nothing is worth stressing as long as you have your health and your children are safe. Have a drink and smile.

  3. Patrice Wilton // December 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM  

    So true, Mona. It's so painful to watch and to know that those families will never be healed. It's so wrong on every level, that I can hardly bear to watch anymore. I also have grandchildren that age - precious, innocent, sweet children that deserve to live a long, fruitful life.'
    ps- MM - it's okay to laugh, I was just venting, letting some of that steam flow right out of my ears.

  4. Mary Ricksen // December 18, 2012 at 4:34 PM  

    Let's whine with wine tomorrow sweetie!
    In a few months this will all be a memory!

  5. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 19, 2012 at 12:33 AM  

    Patrice, chill! Take a deep breath and relax. Now repeat after me: This too shall pass. Seriously next week this time it will all be over! Enjoy your grandchildren and the holiday. Congrats on the new grandbaby. Wow, a three book contract, I should have such stress! Merry Christmas!

  6. Patrice Wilton // December 19, 2012 at 7:40 AM  

    Thanks, Scarlet, everyone.
    I will relax once the weekend is over, and the world survives. Then it's celebration time!!
    Merry Christmas to you all.

  7. Josie // December 24, 2012 at 11:45 AM  

    Hi Patrice,
    Yes, it's a stressful, busy time of year, but fun! Wishing you and your family the very merriest of holidays!