A Heart-Warming Holiday Romance

Posted by Autumn Jordon | 12:30 AM | 8 comments »

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

I love the winter holiday season and I can’t believe it’s here. I love the busy schedule, the gathering of family and friends, and the giving and sharing between those you love and those who have so little. It’s because I love this season that I read all kinds of holiday stories, and the reason why I decided to try my hand at writing one.



PERFECT is up on Amazon and on B&N.

The story idea came to me as I was dusting, a Norwell Rockwell plate “Thanksgiving”, and I thought no holiday is PERFECT. No matter how we try to make them flawless, they simply are not. The illusion of holiday perfection stems from the love that is in our hearts.

With this in mind, I decided to take one very handsome maple tree farmer and give him the goal of making Christmas perfect. Can you just imagine a man handling all that needs to be done for the holidays? Not hard, if he lives alone and doesn’t take stock in Santa. A six pack, some Hickory Farms, and a football game and he’s on his way to perfection. But what if his goal is to make the holiday perfect for his two small nieces? Now we have a problem.



I didn’t stop there. I threw more at him. A beautiful woman that makes his blood boil in more than one way. A best friend who plays matchmaker. A whole town that depends on Dylan for holidays obligations. And, two sets of grandparents who are as different as rum and holy water.

I guess the really story question is not whether holidays are perfect, but whether Dylan will survive making the holiday PERFECT?

BLURB FOR PERFECT:

Dylan Kincaid totally screwed up Thanksgiving and now he’s faced with Christmas. Thrown into the frightening role of both mother and father while his brother and sister-in-law are off serving their country, all Dylan wants is to make Christmas perfect for his two nieces. But time is running out.

Down on her luck Charleston, S.C. restaurateur, Darcy Witherspoon is licking a wounded ego when she arrives in Black Moose, VT and meets the handsome Maple tree farmer. Wanting a happy holiday herself, she teams up with Dylan to make a perfect Christmas.
Neither is interested in a holiday affair, but the magic of Christmas has something more everlasting in store for the couple. An absolutely perfect love!
.

8 comments

  1. Pamela Varnado // December 5, 2012 at 10:33 AM  

    Autumn, I giggled at your rum and holy water comparison. It's hilarious. And I needed a good laugh. My mom is in the hospital. She had a stroke and I've been feeling pretty low. But reading your post helped me to realize that things are okay. Mom will get better.

    Thank you, Autumn.

  2. Autumn Jordon // December 5, 2012 at 12:37 PM  

    I'm so sorry to hear your mom is not well. She is blessed to have you. I hope she feels much better for the holiday. (((HUGS)))

    LOL. I forgot i wrote that, but it is true. They're that different.

    Thnaks for checking PERFECT out!

  3. Mona Risk // December 5, 2012 at 5:58 PM  

    Autumn, you have a beautiful cover abd a lovely story. Perfect for Christmas.

  4. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 5, 2012 at 9:02 PM  

    Autumn, this sounds like the "perfect" read for the holiday! I'll be sure to download it. Thanks for sharing!

  5. Autumn Jordon // December 5, 2012 at 9:15 PM  

    Thanks, Mona and Scarlet. I hope you enjoy!

  6. Mary Marvella // December 5, 2012 at 9:24 PM  

    Autumn, your job was well done! You already made one person feel better and you're just getting started. I know lots of readers will smile at this story!

  7. Mary Ricksen // December 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM  

    Hope your mom gets better Pam, I love the cover too! And it sounds wonderful.

  8. Josie // December 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM  

    Autumn,
    What a "perfect" Holiday read. (LOL--sorry I couldn't resist).
    Best wishes for many sales.