My son, Simon Nightingale, is updating my web site.  On the Home page, I'll include a welcome, News of my current releases and this poem.  I'd like your input on the poem.  Is it good enough to be put on a web site?  I'm not much of a poet but since most everything I write has a paranormal element, this sort of came to me.

Do not trust what your ears hear

Or what your eyes may see
The taste on your lips may lie.
Here things are not what they seem.
So you may speak your mind clearly
But must be warned that
We may not understand or
Yet choose to reply….The Others

Thanks!

10 comments

  1. Autumn Jordon // November 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM  

    I love it! Very intriguing. You are so good.

  2. Nightingale // November 8, 2012 at 3:42 PM  

    Thanks Autumn! I've been struggling with what to put on the Home page. Appreciate your input.

  3. Mary Marvella // November 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM  

    I like your poem. Use it!

  4. Mary Ricksen // November 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM  

    Love it!

  5. Pamela Varnado // November 8, 2012 at 9:24 PM  

    Good job, Linda.

  6. Judith Keim // November 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM  

    I like your poem but was a little confused about The Others...Think it's a clever idea though

  7. Nightingale // November 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM  

    Should I put something to clarify that the "Others" are speaking? Any ideas? Thanks everyone for the comments!

  8. Judith Keim // November 9, 2012 at 10:32 AM  

    I think people who come to the website for the first time need a reference as to who they are... It's a very cute idea

  9. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM  

    Linda, I like the poem. I would leave out the may before see. I think it will be perfect for your website.

  10. Josie // November 18, 2012 at 9:30 AM  

    Is the poem good enough? Most definitely, yes. It's beautiful.