Musings on Spring

Posted by Scarlet Pumpernickel | 9:06 PM | 6 comments »



The weather is finally getting warm and the rain has gone for a few days. Makes me want to go outside and work in the yard
It is beginning to feel like Spring here in Georgia.

The weather is finally getting warm and the rain has gone for a few days. Makes me want to go outside and work in the yard.Makes me want to go outside and work in the yard.


Now don't get me wrong, I love a beautiful yard, it's just that yard work isn't my cup of tea.

My grandmother loved working in the yard. She would putter around her yard for hours on end. I, on the other hand, have to force myself to go out side to work in the yard.

Strutting around the yard putting on a bright display just isn't my thing. I'm much rather lounge around with a good book than climb a tree. Or take a nap to get my beauty sleep. Still, when spring rolls around I think of pretty flowers and time in the yard.

6 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // March 13, 2011 at 11:05 PM  

    I totally understand! I love flowers, but I tend to get poison ivy, poison oak, and "ground itch". (Mama called it that when I was a kid) I try to use pots and planters and add dirt. I almost never actually dig in the dirt anymore! Bulbs and flowers that live do so in spite of neglect.

  2. Judith Keim // March 14, 2011 at 10:38 AM  

    Love the pictures, Scarlett! Springtime in Georgia is the prettiest of all!!

  3. Beth Trissel // March 14, 2011 at 10:47 AM  

    I love spring, even though I'm allergic to it and been on shots and meds for years. I also love to get outside in my yard/various gardens, but can easily overdo. Got to learn to pace myself better or I'm utterly exhausted and stiff, sore...

  4. Josie // March 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM  

    Scarlet,
    My thoughts exactly. The weather in SC is now very spring-like and absolutely gorgeous.

  5. Anonymous // March 14, 2011 at 4:10 PM  

    Glad everyone enjoyed my musings on Spring! Bring it on, I'm ready.

    Scarlet

  6. Pamela Varnado // March 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM  

    Spring is in the air! But remember it's March in Georgia, which means, tomorrow could be 20 degrees. So while the good days are here, I'm enjoying them. Wish I had time to go out and work in the garden.