Hello Pink Fuzzies and all!

It's October first and autumn and getting cooler here in sunny Southern Florida. Well... Make that a tad cooler, LOL Isn't this a breathtaking time of year? I was born and raised in the north--Southern New Jersey to be specific and I am the first to tell you, you just can't take the seasons out of a northerner.

I love this time of year. The beautiful imagery. The bursts of gold, yellow, maroon, reds of the oaks and maples mixed with the hunter greens and the grey blues of the pines. The crisp bite in the air and most of all Halloween.


Yes! Halloween:)

I began pulling out my autumn and Halloween decorations three weeks ago. And I am gearing up for the celebrations on my website and blog as well. You know how most people celebrate the winter holidays--Christmas, Hannuka(sp), New Year's? Well, this is what I do for Halloween. I am a bit overzealous, but hey! I am a paranormal enthusiast and writer.

I dropped in today to tell you all about the Paranormal celebrations going on around the cyber neighborhood. I, of course, will be celebrating the ghostly hauntings and things that go bump in the night all month at my blog as well as with TWRP Black Rose imprint at their new blog. Please hop on over and meet the editors and us authors. We've been putting up introductions the entire month of September. And do we have some great things planned for the month of October in the darkest side of the garden.

TWRP is also having a bash for Paranormal month. And all paranormal books are on sale! You can't beat that, can you?

I know I will be party crashing all month. Keep an eye on my blog as well my website throughout the month. Also the Black Rose Blog will be offering all kinds of uncoming events, articles, holiday stories, legends, and traditions. I heard through the pumpkin patch that many of the authors are offering free copies of books and lots of other prizes.

I wanted to remind you that my newest blog feature, The Author Spotlight, which by the way has been very successful, is in full swing. We will have all paranormal romance authors this month to share the eerie mood of the month. Drop by on Thursdays and check out who's up.

If anyone is interested in participating in some free promo and would like to sign up for an Author Spotlight segment please email me at: gothscribegirl@aol.com. I am currently booking for January 2010 and further out.

Well, thank you ladies for having me today. I hope to see you venturing around this month in or out of costume:)

For more about me, visit any of the below links.

Happy Halloween, Everyone!

Dayana Knight
Paranormal/Erotic Romance Author
www.dayanaknight.blogspot.com
www.romawolftales.com

10 comments

  1. Judith Keim // October 1, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

    I love Fall, too. And, yes, though I live in Florida, I pull out the silk bouquets reflecting autumn colors and put a wreath on the door and all kinds of things to enjoy the change of season. For those of you who don't live in Florida, there really are different seasons here. This morning was cool and wonderful. Happy Autumn!

  2. Mary Marvella // October 1, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

    Hey, we have 4 seasons here in Georgia. We have early summer (spring), summer, late summer(fall), and winter.

    I'm good with fall but I don't like a northern winter.

    Cool blog, Dayana. You folks are really hoppin' at WRP.

  3. Mary Ricksen // October 1, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

    I wish we had seasons here. I miss them, her we just have subtle changes like instead of 96 it's only gonna get to 89 today.
    At least it's not too humid.
    You should show us a pic of the way you have decorated.

  4. Patrice Wilton // October 1, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

    Hi Dayana,
    I grew up in Vancouver, Canada, so i certainly know all four seasons, and what a beautiful fall we had!
    Surprisingly enough, I don't miss it a lot, as I was always a sunny weather kind of girl.
    Have fun with your hauntings, your blogs and spotlight for the month. Sounds like fun. Spooooky!!
    Patrice

  5. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 1, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

    Lovely weather we are having here in Georgia as well, now that the rain has stopped! Love this time of year. Makes me want to curl up with a good book, or write one! Scarlet and MM will be MIA for the weekend, we're attending GRW's Moonlight & Magnolias Conference this weekend. Hope to return home pumped and ready to write!

  6. Barbara Monajem // October 1, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

    Oh, Dayana! I wish I could celebrate Hallowe'en with you. It's my absolute favorite occasion, but we live in a haunted house (well, it looks that way) on a main road, so we don't get any trick-or-treaters. I may find a friend with kids to walk around a nearby neighborhood with.

    Patrice, I grew up in Vancouver, too! I miss the mountains and the ocean, but the warmth and sunshine in Georgia are lovely, too. Oh, if only one could live in several places at once!

  7. Josie // October 2, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

    Dayana,
    I lived in upstate NY most of my life, and now live in South Carolina. We still have 4 seasons, just not the severe winters.
    I love this time of year.

  8. Beth Trissel // October 2, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

    I finally got myself here! Having internet problems lately. I love your post and am a huge fan of fall myself. I love living in the Shenandoah Valley of Va where we experience the marvelous change of seasons.

  9. Autumn Jordon // October 3, 2009 at 12:03 AM  

    Oh, you know autumn is my favorite time of the year. LOL. The leaves are just starting to change. I'm going to schedule a few hours next weekend to just sit outside and enjoy the colors. Of course, since my DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary, I'll probably be walking a golf course.

    I'll be sure to pop in at your parties. Enjoy.

    AJ

  10. Dayana // October 3, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

    Sorry to have posted and disappeared, like Beth, I suddenly had 'puter problems. Lost my internet for a couple of days. Yikes! How awful is that at this busy time of year. Geez, I have so much to do!

    Anyway, thank you all for dropping by and gabbing with me. I do hope you drop by and celebrate this eerily wonderful time of year on my blog.

    Mary M, too funny:)
    Patrice, please do stop by and think about joining me for an author spotlight segment as well.
    Scarlett and MM, have fun at the conference and be sure to fill us all in when you get back.
    Barbara, you're house sounds great! Happy Hallowe'en!

    Off to update my website! I so love to decorate:)

    Talk to you all later,

    D~