With us today is Australian bud, author Janet Davies, aka Amarinda Jones. Welcome Janet,tell us about your current project. I love this cover by the way.But then again what's there not to love?

Romance, sex and smart arse humour – the typical Amarinda Jones book where the heroine and the hero rub against each other and sparks fly.

What will I as a reader like best about your hero?

He will kick down the gates of hell to save his woman. He’s strong and accepts that the heroine is a match for him in so many ways. My hero is smart and he admires and respects the woman he loves. The man is caring and he loves that the heroine is independent - however he is not beyond telling her to get a grip when she needs it.

How will women identify with your heroine?

She’s average, flawed, maybe slightly overweight, possibly a pain in the butt. She can take care of herself but she’s not adverse to the love of her life going all he-man on her. She’s intelligent, she’s funny and she’s cranky. She is in essence everything every woman is. I believe women want to read about normal everyday women with cellulite and PMS who fall in love.

Is your muse currently sitting on your shoulder or is she illusive?

Actually a muse sitting on my shoulder would explain any current weigh gain. Damn muse. You know, I just write. I don’t know if I have the typical writer’s muse. I rely on myself, my instinct and my experiences in life. I believe in write what you know and believe in as anything else is false.

Who is your favorite author?

There are so many. I love the subtle sensuality of Georgette Heyer, I laugh at Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum novels and I enjoy Robert Goddard books as I love a good mind game.

What books of yours are currently for sale and where can a reader buy them?

If you are looking for hot, romantica my alter ego Amarinda Jones writes for Ellora’s Cave and Total-E-Bound. For sweet, crazy romance take a look at Cerridwen Press nd look up Janet Davies. Or just wander over to www.freewebs.com/amarindajones/ and have a have a look. And by all means stop off at www.amarindajones.blogspot.com to see what the latest book it.

Thanks mate for the interview. The check’s in the mail.

2 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // November 24, 2007 at 8:19 AM  

    Great interview. Love those 'Aussies.' Bounding energy and fun shining through from this acomplished writer. Maybe some of that oommpphh will rub off on me. :)

  2. Mary Marvella // November 24, 2007 at 9:53 PM  

    I loved a smart ass, too! Excellant interview.