I got home from church and eating lunch, discussing with the hubs all the stuff I need to get done today when WHAM!!! Up comes the post to remind me that I up for posting today. YIKES!

So, here is the topic of the day...

When you're procrastinating, when you should be writing (or the laundry, or the dishes, or dinner, or vacuum, or, well, you fill in what you are avoiding), where do you go on the internet?

I'll be back later to update this post with some of my favorite sites. Put your caps on. Do you have some new places for me to visit?

UPDATE 4:53 pm

I'm back! I spent the day cleaning up my boat (Pontoon boat) for winter storage. That took most of the day. Then I spent the last hour or so using the leaf blower on my front yard. Nope. Didn't get done. So, Can you guess what I'll have to do tomorrow? LOL

Ok - my favorite places...

First, like any aspiring author, there are agent and editor blogs

Then there are the group blogs of other writers (besides our own PFSW gang). I'm sticking with group blogs as not to overload this post with all the individual authors I follow! But seriously, these are but a couple!
Then there are the blogs that are writing related
And then there are the blogs I visit that just make me smile.
If you're having one of those days when your words won't flow, or the boss is on a tear, or the kids just had their ninth fight of the day, go check out those last five sites. One (or more) will give you that smile (and break) you need.

Last, Twitter. If you haven't discovered Twitter, WOW... Check it out. It like mind crack for me. I love it. Have "met" some wonderful people there.

I have a myspace site (myspace.com/cynthiadalba) But I'm not there very often.

So where are you playing these day?

Until Next time

5 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // December 7, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

    easily answered question: Myspace. :)

  2. Mary Marvella // December 7, 2008 at 8:08 PM  

    Or Facebook for me. I can't read just one message. and then there are the gifts you get and send!

  3. Anonymous // December 7, 2008 at 9:06 PM  

    I hadn't got into Facebook..at all. I don't do much with My Space. I also have a site at crimespace, but sadly, all these are "cobwebs!"

  4. Nightingale // December 8, 2008 at 2:23 PM  

    I don't get around the internet very much but thanks for the recommendations. I had to check out twitter!

  5. Edie Ramer // December 8, 2008 at 4:06 PM  

    I'm afraid Twitter would suck up too much of my time. I'm on the Internet too much already. I should do it for promo.

    I'm on Facebook, but mostly I forget about it.