I'm back from a 2 week trip to Northern Ireland and finally over jet-lag.
This recipe is the perfect meal to battle the cold weather. Best of all, it's fast and easy.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN SOUP
Fashion blogger Jo-Lynne Shane (for women over 40) shares this recipe for homemade chicken soup—adapted from Ina Garten.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
• 2 cups cooked chicken (I use a cooked rotisserie chicken)
• olive oil
• black pepper
• 2 quarts chicken stock or broth
• 1 cup diced celery
• 1 cup diced carrots
• 2 cups wide egg noodles
• ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Bring the chicken broth to a simmer in a large pot and add the celery and carrots. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
2. Add the noodles and cook 8-10 minutes more, until the noodles are cooked.
3. Add cooked chicken meat and parsley and heat.