Got that tune running through my head and can't get it out! Does that ever happen to you? I might not know the name of the tune, but the words dance through my thoughts taunting me to remember. I think it's the temperature outside and the warm logs burning inside that keep those words dancing in my thoughts. Oh, wait! I Googled it and that is the title. Google it, you'll remember it!

So, with the chill factor, it was 6 degrees this morning here in Georgia. The buses ran, the students were delivered to school. The bells rang and school carried on. Why? Well, because here in Georgia, we'll call off school if one snowflake falls, but if the skies are clear, we're open for business. I can't figure that one out. Snow happens at 32 degrees, frost bite in a matter of minutes is likely at 6 degrees. We allow our kids outside to play in the snow, they slide down snow covered hill on cardboard. Yet, we close the schools. Then when the low temperature really makes it dangerous to be outside, we have them waiting on the bus in 6 degree temperatures.


Oh well, the day is over and I'm home warm with the cat snuggling on my shoulder and my bare feet held out to the warmth of the fire logs. So all is good. The kiddies made it through the cold. They made it through the day and everything went well.

Now I'm thinking of warmer climes. So here are a few more vacation pictures to warm your night!

Did you know that they carve elaborate sculptures of food for the extravganza night on MSC cruises?
I can't imagine how long they worked on these elaborate carvings. Done  in butter, ice, and fruit. Absolutely amazing!
How about this sunny spot in the Mediterranean? Would love to be here now, wouldn't you?
Or here hiking up the volcanic mountain side of Santorini while our cruise ship awaits our return from a day of siteseeing!
We could visit the ruins of the temple of Athena near the site of the first Olympic  Games, I know for a fact that it gets warm here!
This amazing stadium is in Athens and was constructed for the last Olympic Games held there.  It gets really warm here too!

Now, are you feeling warmer? No, then how about a book that is really hot?


http://amzn.com/B00FDWOL3C

http://youtu.be/dM5jJO9KZCY


8 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // January 25, 2014 at 9:33 PM  

    It's cold outside, but your photos helped warm me a little!

  2. Mary Ricksen // January 25, 2014 at 9:57 PM  

    Now a cruise is my kinda trip!!!

  3. Barbara Monajem // January 25, 2014 at 10:54 PM  

    LOL. I was surprised the schools were open. I was also surprised they could get the school buses to start. My car has a new battery, but it still doesn't like the cold weather much. I hope the deep freeze means there won't be so many bugs next year.

  4. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 26, 2014 at 1:07 AM  

    Mary, glad the pictures helped warm you.

  5. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 26, 2014 at 1:09 AM  

    Mary R,
    Ain't that the truth! I love cruising,it is now my favorite vacation. But then I've never spent a month in the south of France. I think I would enjoy that as well.

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 26, 2014 at 1:12 AM  

    Barbara,
    Just heard on the news that more cold weather is headed our way! Supposed to be the coldest so far on Sunday night. I am so tired of the cold. I know, the buses being able to crank was a surprise for me as well. Yet, hope the bugs will be killed off.

  7. Josie // January 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM  

    Scarlet,
    It's very cold here in SC, also. We recently returned from a 3 week vacation visiting the Costa del Sol (coast of the sun) in southern Spain. Our apartment faced the Mediterranean sea. The weather was cool, with the highest temperature hovering around 60 degrees.

  8. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 26, 2014 at 4:08 PM  

    Be warned, more cold weather on the way, be sure to download a good book to keep you warm when the snow hits on Tuesday or Wednesday!