Productivity and time drains

Posted by Scarlet Pumpernickel | 10:46 PM | 3 comments »

I planned to blog today, then I got sucked into a timedrain. Yep, I've been on Facebook all afternoon. It started simply enough, someone sent me an email to check out their post. Simple huh? Wrong, it's like potato chips, you can't read just one!

Then I had to go to Amazon to check on the progress of my first published novel. That required me to look at the novel ranking site I'd signed up for and then to create a flurry of promotion to try to drive traffic to my book.
 
 While I was looking for my cover to post, I came across pictures of our Mediterranean Cruise and had to stop to review those. It brought back so many fond memories that I just had to spend a couple hours with those photos.
 Who could resist two handsome Italian police officers in their dress uniforms? Not me, so I had to stop and remember meeting them in Bari, Italy.
 
 Then my daughter called and I had to talk to her about my furry grandchildren! This is Coco, isn't she pretty? I'm a proud Grandma!
 
Then Bonnie Blue found out the dog had gotten some of my time and insisted on having a visit as well.
 
I would post my picture, but as some of you know, I'm suffering from Facial Shingles and since it isn't Halloween yet, I don't want to scare the little kids.
 
What about you? Did you achieve your goals today or were you distracted?
 
 
 


3 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // October 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM  

    I accomplished some, but not all of them. I tweeted and re-tweeted to gain some fans who might read my tweets and my stuff.
    I'm preparing to go to M&M tomorrow, so I decided to do some last minute printing and cutting. So, I'll be up late making sure my car is packed in time to meet critique partners by 10 and MEET LINDA AT THE AIRPORT! YES, MEET OUR LINDA AT THE AIRPORT. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM  

    Mary you have been busy. I've tried to get somethings done as well. I look forward to M&M!

  3. Mary Ricksen // October 4, 2013 at 7:49 PM  

    Have fun you lucky ladies!!! I am so jealous!