Welcome, Roxanne. Sidle closer to our fireplace and have a seat. Tea or coffee?  You've been a busy lady recently.  Share with us, please!

Great to be here, Mary. Today I’m talking about change. Change is good. Without it there can be no progress. We’re fortunate to be living in a period in history when people can reinvent themselves with relative ease. I’ve had at least 5 fulfilling careers, romance writer being the latest!

BTW, I’m giving away a FREE kindle copy of Boom!Listen to Your Heart to the first lucky commenter who can tell me the brand of underwear my hero buys in the excerpt below. Be sure to leave your email address.


I’ve written 15 medieval romances, and that odyssey began because of my interest in genealogy. Every genealogist with roots in England has a dream to trace their family back to the Norman Conquest. It’s impossible, unless you’re descended from royalty or nobility, which I’m not. So I made up a hero who played a crucial role in William the Conqueror’s victory at Hastings in 1066. He established a dynasty that I follow through successive generations in my Montbryce Legacy romances, written under the pen name Anna Markland.


(BTW my Halloween historical, Haunted Knights is FREE today only (Oct.18th))


Just like genealogy itself, writing about his family became an obsession; for example the initial trilogy turned into four books!

However, I began to feel stuck in a medieval rut, and thought I’d try my hand at a contemporary story. I’m a Canadian, but I spend quite a bit of time in Panama, and I wanted to use that country as a setting. But I live in the fantastic city of Victoria, British Columbia, so I set part of the action there too.


I decided to make this book more erotic than my historicals, which I categorise as juicy and sensuous rather than erotic, so a different pen name seemed in order. I chose Roxanne Rogerson. Why? Roxanne is reputed to be high on the list of all time sexiest female names, and Rogerson is one of my ancestral names. (Did I mention I’m an amateur genealogist?)


I’m also an avid reader of romance, and I’m particularly intrigued with stories with a bit of kink in them! I’m not into pain or mutilation or abuse, but Dominant heroes who risk everything to protect their willing Submissives appeal to me. As a boomer myself, I’m interested in a growing phenomenon—the increasing numbers of people in my age bracket who are acknowledging erotic cravings and urges they may have suppressed for years.

 
This is where the inspiration for my book, Boom! Listen to Your Heart came from. It’s a lighthearted, some might say tongue-in-cheek look at two people exploring their kinky side and finding love. Remember, change is good.


There’s suspense too: my hero is an ex-cop turned private investigator whose search for a missing woman puts the heroine’s life in danger.

Here’s a blurb:
A near-fatal heart attack changed Michael Atherton’s life. He learned from it, transforming his lifestyle. Healthier and in great physical shape, Michael tries to come to terms with long-buried cravings and desires unleashed by his near-death experience. His wife does not share his inclination to what she refers to as disgusting erotic shit, and they divorce. Now alone, he explores the emerging Dom side of his personality.

But a good Dom needs a Submissive to complete him.
Jessie Halliwell’s debut novel, His Willing Slave, catapults her to the New York Times Bestsellers List. Only she knows that her knowledge of the Dom/Sub lifestyle comes entirely from research and avid reading of erotic novels. Recognizing she has suppressed her Submissive cravings through two unsuccessful marriages, she creates an ideal Dom/Sub relationship between the hero and heroine of her blockbuster novel. Will she find her own Perfect Dom?

Set in the intimate West Coast city of Victoria and the lush country of Panama, the story takes Michael and Jessie on a roller coaster ride of emotions as Michael’s work as a private investigator unwittingly puts Jessie’s life in jeopardy.

If you enjoy contemporary erotic romantic suspense with a touch of humor, you’ll love BOOM!

 And an excerpt: Shopping for undies with a new lover. ©Roxanne Rogerson



He handed the shirt and tie over to a clerk. “Can you hang on to these? My lover and I are headed over to the men’s underwear department.”

Ignoring the woman’s rapid blinking, he made a beeline for the Calvin Klein display.

“Black?’ he asked, holding a bikini thong in front of his crotch.

Heat shot through her. “Nice,” she murmured.

“What size do you think I am?”

Her tongue seemed to be glued to the roof of her mouth. “Large, I’d guess.”

He smirked, hunting through the bin. “Only large, eh? Not XL? Okay. I’ll try them on, to be sure.”

She trailed after him to the dressing room, her face on fire. The female clerk took one look at him, then spied the underwear. She smiled seductively, but her smile turned to a glare when she realized he wasn’t alone.

Jessie glared back.

You wanna fight me for him? Huh? Huh?

“I’ll wait here,” she declared.

The clerk led the way into the change rooms, reminding him, as she glanced at his groin, to keep his own underwear on when he tried the Calvin Klein.

Jessie made a show of being interested in the racks near the dressing rooms, but the breath wooshed from her lungs when she looked up three minutes later to see Michael standing in the doorway wearing only the Calvin Klein and a seductive smile, his hands out at his sides, as if to say, “What do you think?”

The clerk bustled over, looking irritated, but he held up his hand, stopping her in her tracks. “I’m buying them anyway. Just want my lover to see them.”

The well designed underwear molded to the bulge at his crotch beautifully. The bikini style revealed a tantalizing glimpse of pubic hair. Jessie couldn’t take her eyes off him. Neither could a handful of women who happened to be walking by.

He turned. “How about from the back? Look okay?”

She might faint. Her heart was pounding, pounding. “Very nice,” she croaked. “Are they comfortable?”

Hell’s bells! Now she was talking like his mother.

He winked at her over his shoulder, a big grin on his face. “Very.”

“Let’s get a dozen pairs.”


Go for the prize, Ladies, comment and answer her question!

16 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // October 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM  

    Good afternoon, Roxanne. Glad you could be with us today.

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM  

    Rozanne! so glad you could visit with the Fuzzies today! As for his choice of underwear, that would be Calvin Kline! Can't wait to read this hot, hot story! Lots of sales and many more stories to come I hope.

  3. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM  

    Rozanne! so glad you could visit with the Fuzzies today! As for his choice of underwear, that would be Calvin Kline! Can't wait to read this hot, hot story! Lots of sales and many more stories to come I hope.

  4. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM  

    Rozanne! so glad you could visit with the Fuzzies today! As for his choice of underwear, that would be Calvin Kline! Can't wait to read this hot, hot story! Lots of sales and many more stories to come I hope.

  5. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM  

    Rozanne! so glad you could visit with the Fuzzies today! As for his choice of underwear, that would be Calvin Kline! Can't wait to read this hot, hot story! Lots of sales and many more stories to come I hope.

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM  

    Oh wow! I'm on a roll! wonder how I managed to get the same comment to post twice??

  7. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM  

    NO, four times, shesh!

  8. Barbara Monajem // October 18, 2013 at 5:47 PM  

    LOL. I guess you REALLY want to win this story, Scarlet. :)

    It sounds like a hoot, and for me it's extra interesting because I've been to Victoria many times but have never read a story that takes place there. One doesn't automatically associate Victoria with kink, which makes it even more appealing!!

    And I downloaded the Halloween story, too. :~) Thanks for visiting us today, Anna-Roxanne!

  9. Unknown // October 18, 2013 at 5:52 PM  

    Thank you all for your comments. Free copy goes to the persistent Scarlet Pumpernickel!
    Thanks Barbara for grabbing Haunted Knights.
    Anna/Roxanne

  10. Marianne Stephens // October 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM  

    Very seductive scene...a man clad only in his Calvin Klein underwear and not afraid who sees him! What a teaser!
    Good luck with your writing!
    marianne@mariannestephens.net

  11. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM  

    Downloaded Haunted Knights! Squee! I'm a happy camper!

  12. Mary Marvella // October 19, 2013 at 7:37 PM  

    A lucky camper, too!

  13. Unknown // October 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM  

    Thanks for your comment, Marianne. Glad you enjoyed the scene.

  14. Josie // October 21, 2013 at 8:51 AM  

    Thanks for visiting the Pink Fuzzies, Anna-Roxanne.

    Scarlet--congrats on the win! :)

  15. Beth Trissel // October 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM  

    Welcome to the Fuzzies Roxanne. I'm late to the party. Busy weekend filled with small people and vertigo.
    You exude enthusiasm, which I hope will rub off on me because I need some.

  16. Josie // October 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM  

    Welcome, Roxanne, to the Pink Fuzzies. Gotta love those Calvin Klein's.