I’m celebrating the Ebook release by Double Dragon Publishing of my dark fantasy, Gemini Rising.  The novel will be released in print in July.   Alain and Alina woke me up very early on a Sunday morning when I lived in Miami.  (I’d probably been to South Beach the night before, and I’m sure I was grumpy at being awakened at 6 AM.)  But they insisted that I had to tell their story.  So, iguana on my head—my sons had a pet iguana named Iggie—I sat down to write, but in a contrast to my usual, I wrote pages and pages on a legal pad.  I normally write on the computer.   Working title was Seeking Eden.

Let’s celebrate with a prize:  a gold and silver (Elizabeth Taylor) pressed powder compact to a commenter.

Back Cover Blurb:  From birth, Alain and Alina Alastair are a scientific miracle--identical male-female twins--a biological impossibility.  Destined to tread the farther, forbidden paths, they discover love, lust, and danger lurking in their future.  When their parents whisk their miracle children home to an isolated island, their lives reach a turning point.

Alain craves escape from the seclusion. 

Alina yearns to express her love with a man who treasures her.

The secrets at Alastair Keep threaten to undermine the very foundations of the world in which these impossible twins live.

Excerpt:    Alain tucked the in-flight magazine into the seat pocket and gazed out the scratched window of the 747.  Distance vanished on clouds fleeing beneath the silver wings, carrying him from a dark-eyed beauty to a fair-haired princess locked in an island castle.  From one life in the sun to a score of problems.

Someone was going to get hurt.

Already he hurt—a low throbbing like a toothache.  If he returned to Portugal, Alina would be devastated.  His father would disown him.  If he picked up his discarded heritage, a part of him would die and Maritza would grieve.  For a time.  He wasn’t vain enough to think the black-haired beauty would die without him.

The choice lay in his hands.

Damn life got complicated when he tried to declare independence from The Keep.  He shifted his long legs cramped beneath the airline seat.  He preferred not to think, but fragments of memory plagued the corners of his eyes.

A vivid picture of Alina supplanted images of recent days drenched white-hot by a Portuguese sun.  His twin’s presence was more corporeal than the woman sitting to his left.  Welcome or not, Alina was there inside him, the mere thought of her a compulsion.  He sensed her anticipation mounting as the miles melted.  Excitement tingled over him.  In self defense, he grasped at a memory of riding the splendid Lusitano stallions.  As he pictured Maritza framed in an arbor of roses, his heart dived.


Visit me at http://www.lindanightingale.com for a vampire story entitled Vampyre Hunt, which stars Morgan D'Arcy, hero of Sinners' Opera, to be released next year by Double Dragon Publishing.  My blog is http://lindanightingale.wordpress.com/

Buy Link:  http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-Rising-ebook/dp/B0088E2MJ2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1339155449&sr=8-3








15 comments

  1. Josie // June 8, 2012 at 9:32 AM  

    Wow! As usual, your imaginative stories and wonderful writing leave me speechless. Great excerpt.

  2. Nightingale // June 8, 2012 at 12:14 PM  

    Thanks Josie! This story is a departure for me, but I enjoyed writing it!

  3. Patrice Wilton // June 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM  

    Linda, I'm shocked! Your story is riske to say the least! But you write wonderfully, and why not go out on a limb and see where you might fall. You are a brave soul, and courageous like your twins.

  4. Mary Marvella // June 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM  

    Linda, I'm glad you found a publisher who would take a chance on this book. Here's to your courage to write the books you are compelled to write.

  5. Nightingale // June 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM  

    Thanks, Patrice. It was riske and well as risky, but the limb was there, so I climbed the tree!

  6. Nightingale // June 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM  

    Thanks, Mary. You know I never expected this book to be published. I wrote it for me--or at least because I had to--and I was swimming because I don't have any siblings.

  7. Lynn's Romance Enthusiasm // June 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM  

    I have my copy now I'll just have to get my pink fuzzy slippers for when I sit down to read it.

    Lynn
    lareynolds0316@gmail.com

  8. Nightingale // June 9, 2012 at 5:31 AM  

    Lynn, thanks for dropping by and commenting. I sincerely hope you enjoy Gemini Rising.

  9. Nightingale // June 9, 2012 at 5:34 PM  

    Tomorrow I will announce the winner of the compact. Thanks to you all!

  10. Nightingale // June 9, 2012 at 5:34 PM  

    Tomorrow I will announce the winner of the compact. Thanks to you all!

  11. Mary Ricksen // June 9, 2012 at 7:27 PM  

    You are incredible Linda!!!!

  12. Nightingale // June 10, 2012 at 6:48 AM  

    Thanks Mary R. This is a special book for me as my first that will be issued in print in July.

    Lynn, you won the compact.

    Thanks everyone for putting on your pink fuzzy slippers!

  13. Beth Trissel // June 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM  

    Wahoooo! Congrats~ Sounds fascinating.

  14. Judith Keim // June 11, 2012 at 2:02 PM  

    Linda, what a fascinating story! So excited for you!!!

  15. Scarlet Pumpernickel // June 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM  

    Love the background of learning that your characters woke you up to tell their story. Writers have such interesting ways of finding stories. I've had time play out completely in dreams, where I was like a fly on the wall. Frequently I have characters argue with me. Case in point, when I gave the hero in my current wip the wrong name twice and he was royally pissed. Linda, your books are always so unique that I look forward to each one. Keep 'em coming lady.