Today I am pleased to welcome mutlti-published author, Sandra Cox, who will tell us about the characters of her recent released romance novel,

MOON WATCHERS

We all know folks that work in a family business. In our area, two sisters got their degrees in art, couldn’t find a job and decided to open a quilt shop which has become very successful. Many farmers keep their farm in the family for generations. And of course, there are several successful musical groups composed of family members. I’m sure you could add people you know to the family business list.

Cousins Jolene Sayer and Zoe Tempest are also in the family business although theirs is a bit more unusual. Jolene Sayer of Moon Watchers is a werewolf hunter. Her cousin Zoe Tempest of Vampire Island hunts vampires. They are alike in heart, tenacity and toughness. Oh yes, and they both love Pop-Tarts. But there it ends.


While Zoe is one of the best in her field she is a firm believer in dressing for success. No way, would she consider going into a fight with a chipped nail or shoes that didn’t match her outfit. She’s blonde and blue-eyed while her cousin is dark-haired, full lipped and sultry.

And while Jolene could look like a fashion plate if she chose, there’s no way she’s got time or the inclination to waste on fashion and makeup. Worn jeans, a flannel shirt or an old sweater, work just fine for her. Her one weakness: boots. She loves boots—as long as they’re serviceable. But blood runs deeper than fashion.

These two women would fight to the death for each other. The following excerpt tells a bit more about these beautiful young hunters:


Excerpt:
(Zoe has just come to visit her cousin Jolene after hearing she may be in trouble. )

Zoe walked into the living room, the largest room in the cottage. Not that that’s saying much. She glanced around then danced to the window and looked out. “I like your cottage, Jo. Very homey.”
“It’s not exactly what you’re used to.”
“If you mean, it’s not old and moldering and setting on an eerie island. You’re right.”
“You got rid of the eerie piece of it when you cleared out the vamps.”
“True.
“Nice view.” I followed her gaze. The sun sparkled on the snow and weighed down tree limbs. A shiver ran through me as I remembered the Weres jumping at the window. Good thing I’d cleaned the drool off. It would definitely have spoiled the view.
Zoe wandered around the room. I tried to see it through her eyes: a clean but sparse room, its best feature the stone fireplace. A couple of ancient discolored paintings of the forest hung off center on the wall. A faded blue throw rug lay in front of a worn couch, another in front of the fireplace. Ah, home.
“Looks like we’ll be redecorating in our spare time.”
Great. I managed not to roll my eyes.
She stopped at the sofa. Little tufts of stuffing leaked at the seam, but the blue flowered cushions were clean. She eyed it cautiously then collapsed. The cushions sighed and settled around her.
“It’s really quite comfortable,” I defended.
“You bet. I love this place, Jo. It’s so,” she paused as if looking for the right word, “quaint,” she finished triumphantly. “It just needs some sprucing up.”
“So the bad-ass vamp hunter is going to spruce up my cottage?”
Zoe studied me as she slipped off her boots.
I squirmed.
“Not just your cottage, I think.” She tapped her chin with a perfectly manicured fingernail.
“No. No you’re not. We’ve been over this before. I’m not a girlie, girl. I’m a Were hunter. I don’t have time for that kind of nonsense.”
“Weres. Vamps. Whatever.” She shrugged. “It’s no excuse for not looking your best.”
If you didn’t know my cousin Zoe, you wouldn’t take her seriously. She looks more like a ball of fluff than the Kewpie Doll, but I’d seen the girl in action. She could kick some serious vamp ass. My Uncle Julian--okay distant uncle--spoke highly of her. Words of praise don’t exactly drip off his tongue, if you know what I mean. So when he says someone’s good, you can notch it up to the stellar level.
“God, I’ve missed you.” I’m not given to expressing my emotions. The words just slipped out.
“Missed you too, Cuz. Now tell me what’s going on.”

CONTEST:
To celebrate the release of Moon Watchers, I’ll be running a contest from Jan 15 and Feb 2. The winner will be announced Feb 5. To enter just leave a comment at www.downtownya.blogspot.com and mention Moon Watchers and fuzzy slippers.

What do you win?
1-An autographed copy of Moon Watchers
2-A Starbucks gift certificate
3-And a fun necklace that has a protective cross to safeguard against creatures of the night, a blood drop stone to remind shape-shifters you are protected and a star since our winner will be the star of the contest

Moon Watchers can be purchased in paper or e at: http://www.classactbooks.com/
Vampire Island can be purchased in paper or e at: http://www.classactbooks.com/Vampire-Island-by-Sandra-Cox_p_156.html
Vampire Island is also available on Amazon and other e sites.

About Sandra
Multi-published author Sandra Cox writes YA fantasy, historic and paranormal romance and metaphysical nonfiction.

Sandra lives with her husband, a menagerie of pets, and an occasional foster cat in sunny North Carolina. To see the brood click on the cat tab.

Her fifteenth book, MOON WATCHERS, a crossover romance will be released through www.classactbooks.com. Jan 15, 2011.

To visit her YA blog: downtownya.blogspot.com

16 comments

  1. Tamara LeBlanc // January 26, 2011 at 8:52 AM  

    Sandra,
    I really enjoyed your excerpt. The sisters remind me of my own...only minus the Paranormal job.
    I also have to love a couple of chics who love Pop Tarts!
    You have so many books written, what's your strategy? Do you write every day, have a word count goal, or a page # goal?
    Also, How do you like Class Act Books?

  2. Nightingale // January 26, 2011 at 9:48 AM  

    The excerpt was intriguing. You have done a splendid job making the cousins jump off the page. I'm sure I would enjoy this book. Congrats on the new release.

  3. Mona Risk // January 26, 2011 at 1:09 PM  

    Sandra, welcome to the Pink Fuzzy Slippers. I am sure Moon Watchers is as good as your Stone series that I enjoyed so much.

  4. Judith Keim // January 26, 2011 at 1:30 PM  

    Great to have you here, Sandra. Your book sounds like a fun read. Good luck with it! I'm sure it will do well...

  5. Julia Rachel Barrett // January 26, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

    Not entering the contest, just showing my love for author, Sandra Cox!

  6. Mary Marvella // January 26, 2011 at 5:49 PM  

    Sandra, your book sounds like a cool read. The sisters sound so real. I'm glad Mona brought you here. We love paranormal stuff here. Don't be a stranger.

  7. Sandra Cox // January 26, 2011 at 6:43 PM  

    Hi Tamara, I try to write a 1000 words a day, but lately I've been seduced by books and TV.

    Thank you, Linda, I appreciate that.

    Thanks for hosting me, Mona bud. And thanks for the kind comments.

    Thank you, Judy. And thanks for letting me visit.

    Hi Lovely, Julia:)

    Hi Mary, How are you doing?

  8. Mary Ricksen // January 26, 2011 at 7:34 PM  

    Sandra I love the excerpt! You are so welcome to the PFS and may you sell enough to fill your heart as well as your pocket! My best to you and congrats on the new release!
    Great book cover too...

  9. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 26, 2011 at 7:45 PM  

    Mona and Sandra thanks for sharing with the Pink Fuzzies. Great excerpt and story line. Can't wait to read the rest of the story.

  10. Pamela Varnado // January 26, 2011 at 9:46 PM  

    I can tell just by reading your blog posting that this book is going to be a wild ride. And who doesn't love family drama? I'm intrigued.

  11. Beth Trissel // January 27, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

    Hello Sandra! So good to have you with us. Lovely excerpt. You are an amazingly prolific writer. High five!

  12. Dale Mayer // January 28, 2011 at 4:21 PM  

    Hi,

    Love the excerpt! And that you're prolific - great for you adoring fans!

    Dale

  13. Dee // January 28, 2011 at 8:31 PM  

    Can't wait to read Moon Watchers! I love the name Zoe btw! It's unique but still a solid and friendly name :)

    deeg131 at gmail dot com

    This excerpt makes me excited to finally get a copy of the book - the paranormal aspect is really intriguing!

  14. Sandra Cox // January 28, 2011 at 9:50 PM  

    Mary, what a nice thing to say. Thank you so much.

    Scarlet P, thank you, I appreciate that and thanks for stopping by downtownya.

    Thank you, Pamela. Yup the cousins always have something going on.

    Hey, Beth, how are you? You've been pretty prolific yourself!

    Thanks, Dale. I appreciate the kind comments.

    Hi Dee, how are you. Yeah, Zoe fits her.

    Thanks everyone for stopping by, the kind words and encouragement. and stopping

  15. Josie // January 30, 2011 at 3:28 PM  

    Hi Sandra,
    Big wave from sunny SC! I'm thrilled to "see" you again on the Pink Fuzzies. I want to wish you continued success and best wishes on your new release.

  16. Sandra Cox // February 2, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

    Hi Joanne,
    How are you, girlfriend?
    I miss our chats. Hope you are doing well and wishing you all the best.